Customized questions on Needs

It would be beneficial to have the ability to customize both the automated response to a need as well as have the ability to add customized questions to a need. Unfortunately, the workaround using Initiatives doesn't work for us as we are using it for our campus designation. 

We are a church and working with multiple ministries on 4 campuses, in addition, each campus works with ministries and organizations out in the community as well. Having the ability to do the above would be a fantastic benefit for us. 

8 people like this idea

This would be an incredible help for what my organization is using Galaxy for! Game changer! 

Hi Justin,

Good morning to you,

I can definitely see how this would benefit your organization and I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us in our forum. I'd like to reach out to discuss your options - please be on the look out for an email from me.

Thank you Justin

I second the motion! My org runs a major event once a year and we usually release a limited edition volunteer shirt specifically for that event (which garners "cool status" for the volunteers, as they get to collect them all by coming back year after year ;)

I need to be able to ask them whether they want one, their size, and whether they want a snack. We used a Google form last year both as the registration and to collect this info - which then involved a lot of copy-and-pasting email addresses later when we were tracking their shift assignments and trying to communicate with them. My volunteers are so impressed with the new system, I kinda hate to push them back to the old way of collecting this info...

The event is in March 2023... will this feature be out in time for me to use it? Or should I plan on working around a Google form again?

I know this continues to be a popular request. Currently our agencies are having to contact volunteers to complete an additional form via Google or other system. Any updates on collecting responses to customized questions for specific needs?

This would be a huge benefit to us as well. And in addition it would be great to have the same ability to add customized questions to agency records as well. And ideally to have the ability to add custom fields to both needs and agencies that could be either admin view only - like comments is now - or questions that agencies would see and be able to respond to as Tammi describes in this post. Thanks!

Molly
www.MontgomeryServes.org 

Hi Kristina,

This is a really good question, would you be up for me creating a live ticket with you on this topic so we could explore the differences between initiative questions, need response questions, and hours questions in our software?

Just let me know if you would like to dive into this a bit more, and I would be more than happy to collaborate with you on this. We definitely have some great resources on both of these topics and I would love to help out in any way that I can!

Thanks, Kristina!

Hi Brian, 

Can you provide me a little more information about your use case? Why do the customized response questions in the initiatives feature not work for your agencies? What kind of information are the agencies requesting outside of the software? The more details the better! 

Thanks!

Ali

If there has been no development on this request, can you please describe in detail what the difference is between Initiative questions and Need questions?  If there is no difference why give them separate titles? 

Hi, Stacy,

Thanks for adding your voice here and providing some additional context! I want to definitely pass this on to our enhancements team. Below is how I will summarize your request:

"A site manager would have the opportunity to add custom questions to a need and then the responses to those custom questions would be sent to the agency manager in the need response notification." Please let me know if I missed the mark.

best,
Maia
Customer Experience

Hi Maia, 

To me it would be better if there was a way for the info to ALSO be sent to any "additional recipients."   Basically whoever would receive an email that was a "notification of need response."   

Thank you! 

Stacy 

Hi, Stacy,

Thanks for that clarification. "A site manager would have the opportunity to add custom questions to a need and then the responses to those custom questions would be sent to any agency contacts, including additional recipients, in the need response notification."

I hope you're having a great week!

Best,
Maia
Customer Experience

Hi, 

I'd also like to add that we would benefit from this too.  I would also benefit SO MUCH if we had the ability to... 

1) add custom questions to a need 

2) have the custom questions and their responses be included in the automated need response notification that goes to the agency manager and any additional recipients added in the opportunity. 

The way that we are organizing and using the product, we have a specific volunteer supervisor who does not use the system, but needs to know the answers to the custom questions.  If he becomes an agency manager, he would receive communication about volunteer responses that don't have any thing to do with him.  Having the need response notification go to him and include the volunteer's responses to custom questions would help resolve this problem. 

Thank you! 

Hi Abigail,

Thank you for reaching out about this and sharing the details about your orgs major event! 

Based on the information provided, I'd highly suggest using the Initiatives feature where opportunities can be grouped together for an event and one of the  great additions of Initiatives is being able to add custom questions to those specific opportunities. I see Echo already has two Initiatives created and I recommend following this guide here on how to set up custom questions in Initiatives so that engaging volunteers with asks like t-shirt size and snacks will appear when volunteers are responding to an opportunity of said event!

Here's some additional resources:

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any questions about this or if I perhaps missed the mark here!

All the best,

Annette

Adding in my support for custom questions for each need, not just system-wide. That we be a huge benefit to our partners and a bit easier than adding qualifications as I do now for a workaround.

-Amelea

Login or Signup to post a comment