Allow for setting custom minimum and maximum response quantities on checkbox questions

When creating a custom question for registration, it would be really great if when you created a ‘radio box’ type question, you could have people select multiple options, and set a min.&max number of selections. Either that, or when creating a ‘checkbox’ type question, allow for it to be required, and also set a min & max number of selections. In the example of our registration, for example, we like people to pick a minimum of 3 preferred ‘crews’ (‘User group’ in GD lingo) from a list of about 12, and the ability to set a minimum of required selections would be super great. 

Hi, Katherine,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will bring up the following to our enhancements team:

- Ability to set a minimum or maximum for number of checkboxes that can be selected in a custom question.

- Ability to require a checkbox question.

We previously allowed requiring of checkbox questions, but it resulted in confusion because there were times that a none of the checkbox-answers applied, and users were only able to answer the required question by selecting something an answer that really didn't apply to them. I can bring this up to my team, but I just wanted to let you know that this is something we have considered in the past.

Thanks for the feedback!

Nina

Alrighty, thank you! 
Ideally, that issue could be avoided through the form creating putting in a 'None of these apply', or 'Not applicable to me' option, but I'm sure that's come up as a solution as well. 

Login or Signup to post a comment