Volunteer Response

It would be fantastic to find a way where we can remove a volunteer response from a need without losing their historical data such as hours logged. We are utilizing our check in feature which produces a list of names under each need. When we no longer have a volunteer serving in a need we aren't able to take their name off the list because we will lose the historical data. Keeping an inactive volunteer on the list makes the list very long and cumbersome for other volunteers checking in. An improvement to that feature would be great!

Hi, Jaclyn,

Hours logged are not lost if a response is deleted. Once the volunteer has worked and submitted those hours, they will remain on your site unless the volunteer or a manager removes them.

Regarding the check-in feature, I will bring this up to our enhancements team. I will suggest a way of maybe tagging a volunteer as "no longer active" so that they don't appear in the check-in list or in the user filter for email blasts.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Nina

Hi Nina,

I have the same issue as Jaclyn. Thanks for your response. I am still unclear on something.  I tested it on my account and from the volunteer view my hours are 0 and nothing is in my volunteer resume. I can see the hours logged on the site admin side but no opportunity response. Where should the volunteer be able to see their hours and where can I see the deleted opportunity response? We must be able to track past responses although we deleted them since they are not current Volunteers. Thank you!

Catina

City of Riverside

Hi Catina, 

Just to recap:

When responses are set to inactive by a site manager, this changes the visibility of hours in several locations in the site, one of which is the volunteer resume. If a volunteer responds to a need and submits hours and the hours are approved by an agency manager or site manager, those hours will appear in their resume. If a site manager then removes the response, the hours will still appear in the hours table, but they will no longer appear in the volunteer resume. This means that hours are still trackable after a response by the site manager, but they will not display to the volunteer since they need both an active response and an hour submission for the hours to show up in their resume. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Login or Signup to post a comment