Add Registration Closed Date to Ongoing, Custom & Recurring Shifts

There is no Registration Closed Date option for ongoing, custom or recurring shifts. My agency has a recurring shift, but I need to know at least a week in advance if someone has signed up so that I can find another volunteer if the need is unfilled. I cannot effectively communicate with new volunteers if they sign up on the day of a shift. Communicating with volunteers prior to when they are supposed to volunteer is essential in managing volunteers effectively and ensuring they have the best volunteer experience possible, while also making the best use of my time and my organization's resources.

As it is now, in order to create a need with a Registration Closed Date I will have to create multiple Happens On Needs for the same task that happens at the same time on the same day each week. 

If you think this feature would be helpful for your agency, please 'like' this post so that it gets upvoted for the development team to actually consider.

Thank you.

28 people like this idea

Angela,

I agree with you COMPLETELY! Thanks for adding your voice to this thread. Because this continues to be an issue that has not been addressed it makes me think the product team doesn't really understand the needs of volunteer managers...

-Emily

Emily,

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry to see that you are still struggling with the same issue 2+ years later. I am new to Galaxy Digital but noticed immediately that I was unable to add a registration cutoff time. At first I thought I just needed to learn the system but unfortunately that is not the case.

Angela

Hello everyone! I am happy to see that this thread is so active, and I wanted to let everyone know that we appreciate your feedback, and we hear your concerns.

I believe that I am understanding your ideas clearly, but I want to repeat it back here to make sure I am capturing it all correctly: as a volunteer manager, you all need to be able to solidify your plans for a given shift ahead of time so that you can make the necessary preparations, and the fact that people can sign up last minute can cause issues because it prevents you from doing so.

As with any solution that may involve updating multiple things at once, or establishing a blanket rule, we want to make sure that we implement something like this in a way that is going to be useful to as many of our clients as possible. For this reason, a large part of this thread has been devoted to gathering feedback on how our site managers would like a feature like this to work in an ideal world, so that we can make informed decisions on the best way to build something that has broad implications for creating needs and shifts.

So far, there have been a couple of solutions suggested here:
- An option to set the registration closed date for each individual shift. This makes sense for custom shifts shifts, but could be extremely time-consuming for recurring shifts.

- A blanket rule that applies to all shifts in a need, for example "close registration 2 days out". This would be the most efficient way of setting up a registration close date, but would be a bit less flexible in that you would have the same rule apply to all custom shifts in a a need.

From what I am seeing in this thread, it seems like the second solution (a blanket rule for all shifts) would work well for most people who are requesting this feature, but please let me know if there is anything I am missing about this.

I have made sure to consolidate everyone's feedback about this into a single enhancement request in our list, and will be sure to bring this up in our next enhancement planning meeting. Thank you all for your ideas we strive to make shifts (and all of our other features) as accessible as possible to our clients!

2 people like this

Eli, yes, option 2 would be a workable solution. Thank you.

This is my first opportunity that I need to close the registration for and just realized I can't....I stumbled upon this thread and agree that I need a way to make that happen, and option 2 seems to be the best. Thanks for considering this!

1 person likes this

Hello everyone! 

Thank you as always for your feedback. We know that this is an issue for a number of our site managers, and that many of you would like to see a way to close shift/need registration. As I promised in my last post here, I brought the request in front of my team in our enhancement review meeting last week. We recognize that this is important to a lot of you, and I am going to continue to think through the scope of adding this, any technical barriers we might run into, and how this might impact other areas of the software.  

I see that Emily and Angie like solution 2 from my last post, and I would like to hear feedback from others who are invested in this to make sure that we are able to deliver the best solution here!

If anyone else has a strong preference on how they would like to see this problem solved, I would encourage you to post which of the two potential solutions that have come up in this forum you like best. The two that have emerged are :

1. An option to set the registration closed date for each individual  shift. This makes sense for custom shifts shifts, but could be extremely  time-consuming for recurring shifts.

2. A blanket rule that  applies to all shifts in a need, for example "close registration 2 days  out". This would be the most efficient way of setting up a registration  close date, but would be a bit less flexible in that you would have the  same rule apply to all custom shifts in a a need.

Thanks everyone for engaging with this, I look forward to hearing what you think!

I prefer the blanket rule with the ability to set how far in advance all shifts are closed.

Thank you for your feedback, Yvonne! This seems to be a solution that most people in this thread like, and I will make sure to bring this up to my team in our next product enhancement meeting to review. 

If anyone else has a preference for one option over the other, I'd like to hear your thinking we well.

I hope you all have a great holiday!

1 person likes this

Option 2 would work best for us as well. Thanks for prioritizing this enhancement. We really need it!

3 people like this

Option 2 would work for us as well.

3 people like this

Hello! This CLOSED option would be tremendously helpful to our organization. A simple "closed" option in the drop down menu where we see Active, Pending, and Inactive would be helpful for us. 

2 people like this

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for voicing your support for this enhancement! I've add your feedback to our enhancement board so that our developers can review.

Keep up the great work!

All the best,

Caitlin

Any updates on this? It seem that a lot of us feel that this is an essential function for planning for our volunteers.

3 people like this

Bethany, agreed. Was hoping to have a solution by the time I had to create a weeklong event with approx. 50 shifts...

3 people like this

Hi, Bethany and Angie,

I appreciate your addition here! I'll make sure to add this support to the documented enhancement.

Best,
Maia Price
Galaxy Digital CX

Login or Signup to post a comment