User Cancellation Deadline

Our organization manages 100+ opportunities with roughly 180-300 volunteers needed per event. Lately I've noticed that many volunteers have been cancelling last minute (week of or day before) which was not the case with our previous system. It would be great to put a deadline or cut off date for user cancellation that would then require the user to email us to cancel. I've found this discourages cancellations. Thoughts?

1 person likes this idea

Hi, Jamie,

Thanks for the suggestion, and I'm sorry for the delay in my response.

I will bring this up to my team. Did your previous system have a cut-off date for cancellation as you're describing? I am just curious as to what may have been preventing volunteers from cancelling before and how the Connect platform can do a better job with this. Thanks!

Best,

Nina

When responding, please return to the forum post to respond, rather than replying to the email you receive.

Hi Nina,

Yes! We used to use VolunteerHub and there was a cancellation cutoff date that could be customized. It really discouraged folks from cancellation as they would have to write us directly to do so. It was an option we could select when creating a new opportunity. 

Thank you,

Jamie

Jamie, thanks so much for your reply! I will write this up. Thanks!

Nina

We would also like a cancellation cutoff date included in options when inputting an opportunity.  What is the latest on having this option?

Thanks, Terri

Hi Terri,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the importance of this potential enhancement. At this time, I cannot speak to when this option may be available. I have added your voice to this enhancement request. If we can assist in the meantime, please reach out to our support team.

Have a great day!

Jacqui

Login or Signup to post a comment