Ability to add additional fields to E-Sign

Hello! 

I am curious about the potential for a generic blank field option for the e-sign process. Our current liability form has fields for information like email, phone, student ID, etc...

I know that the form is linked to the students account on the website, but if I needed to print it out for some reason it would be nice to have it all there in that event. 

Thanks

1 person likes this idea

I would also love to see some more flexibility with the e-sign process, specifically for the liability waiver. Our youth waiver requires collection of child's name, parent's name, phone number, etc. and the current options cannot capture that need. Generic/Blank fields would work just as well as specialized, as the document could provide additional clarity. 

Hi Beth and Nancy,

Thank you for re-starting the conversation regarding generic fields on E-Sign forms. I've gone ahead and added both of your comments to the request so that the team can evaluate! 

I appreciate your time!

Yes, this would also be helpful to me. In general our current e-sign waiver works just fine, but there is one event where we need to collect some text information - we are just using paper for this event. It might also help us with family waivers. Currently anyone 13+ is expected to create their own account, but for younger children we need to rely on a paper waiver so the parent can fill in their children's names (which our lawyer feels is necessary). 

Thanks for your early feedback on the new eSign feature! I will log this for discussion at our next enhancements meeting. Just to clarify, you would like the option of adding eSign fields that have specific formats (such as phone numbers, integers only, text, etc., correct?

Thanks for posting to the forums!

Best,

Nina

I'm not sure how the process works from a technical perspective, so if they would need to be specific that makes sense, but if there was the possibility for say a misc field that could just have anything entered into it that would be nice. 

Best, 

Daniel 

Daniel, thanks for clarifying. I have added this to our list of items to discuss at our next enhancements meeting. I think this is a good idea for an enhancement to the new eSign tool.

Best,

Nina

Hi Judy,

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this suggestion! I've updated this suggestion to include your feedback.

All the best,

Caitlin

I didn't want to start a new discussion but realize this one is 2 years old.  I agree there needs to be generic or text fields in the e-sign process.  We too have other information we need to collect from volunteers like printed name, email, phone, address, activity, etc. on the liability waiver.

Login or Signup to post a comment