Dedicated Kiosk Accounts

Currently, an Agency Manager must login to start a Kiosk running. It's a good thing that the Kiosk disables all other functionality once it is started.

However, it means that an Agency Manager account must be available and a password supplied to receptionists and others who may need to start up the Kiosk every day. Prior to starting the kiosk, all normal Agency Manager functionality would be accessible. It would be much more secure to have a "Kiosk Manager" account for each agency, with no other permissions other than starting the kiosk.

Hi, Beth,

Once you access the kiosk, you can grab the link and make it available to your partners. Keep in mind that the link will be different for each partner; this is important if your site is set up so that an agency's kiosk can only display that agency's needs. Once your agency manager (or anyone at the agency) has that link, they can access the kiosk as needed.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have questions.

Best,

Nina

That's just fine! I'm so glad we don't have to worry about floating a manager userid/password around to start the kiosk.

Thanks Nina!

Beth

Login or Signup to post a comment