Check-In Kiosk "Check-In" Options

Hi,

We’ve recently started using the Check-In kiosk for our volunteers. Is there a way to change the “Check-In Time” options? I don’t want the volunteers to have the option to check in at shift start or with a custom time. I prefer they check in when they’re actually checking in.

Thank you,

Christina Cook

Program Coordinator
Mon County Habitat for Humanity

23 people like this idea

Yes, we would like this option too for our ReStore volunteers especially!

2 people like this

Hi Christina,

Thank you for sending us this suggestion! We have documented your suggestion, so our development team can consider this for future enhancements. Please let us know if we can help out with anything else!

Have a great weekend!

Jacqui

We are also in need of an option to have clock in at EXACT time.  

We are in the setup stage of our account, and I'm really surprised that an option is given for the volunteer to select the time they checked in!  

This is especially critical when it comes to court-ordered Community Service volunteers.  We need to track their hours accurately, and do so without having to spend unnecessary time to track their In's and Out's manually.  It is open to too many errors.

Thank you ... please consider this change.

6 people like this

Hi Kathy, thanks for writing in! I will add this suggestion to our board and be sure to bring it up in the next review. It sounds like something like a setting to disable custom check-in/check-out times would be helpful here, as some users will definitely want this functionality, and others will want to restrict it. 

Have a great day!

5 people like this

Is there any update to this?

2 people like this

Hi Colleen, thanks for checking in!

Right now, the three options are check in now, check in at shift start time, and check in at a custom time, which allows for the most flexibility for check-in. That said, we understand that there are cases where you want to enforce when volunteers can check in, and there are a variety of other situations that we are taking into consideration for the next check-in related build. 

Because of Covid-19, some of the changes we had planned to make to check-in this year got moved back, but we have not forgotten about this, and will make sure to take this post into account in the next check-in update.

Thanks for your patience!

Hello, 

As a public-open facility, capturing EXACT check-in times is vital to our on-site security and safety. Our organization would also appreciate developments to Check-In Kiosk Options.

Thank you!

1 person likes this

Hi Rubicela, thanks for writing in to the forum! 

I will make sure to note your support for this product suggestion, and bring it to the team the next time we discuss enhancements to the kiosk. 

Have a great day!

We also need this for our court-ordered community service workers as well as our sweat equity hours. When should we expect the next check-in update?

3 people like this

Hi Lacey, 

Thank you for reaching out! Although I do not have a timeline for any changes coming to the Check In Kiosk, I will make a note of your support of this suggestion. Thank you for adding your voice to the chorus! 

Have a great day!

Autum

Hello, 

We would also prefer to have the option of treating the check-in kiosk like a time-card: you punch in when you arrive and out when you leave, rather than having in & out times as an automatic default

Thanks, Sam. 

Hello Sam,

Thank you for voicing your support on this! I understand and appreciate this description of the check-in kiosk working similarly as a time-card for arrival and leaving instead of an automatic default of the in/out time. I'll be submitting and forwarding this suggestion to enhancements for review!

All the best,

Annette

This would be super helpful for our court-ordered volunteers as well! It would be great to be able to set the kiosk to one of the dropdown options for everyone, removing the volunteer's choice and recording only the exact time. 

Hello Grace,

I completely understand how the recording for the exact time for court-ordered volunteers would really benefit volunteer tracking! Thank you for submitting your valuable feedback and I'll be adding your voice and vote to our enhancements review.

With gratitude, 

Annette

Login or Signup to post a comment