Check-In Kiosk "Check-In" Options

Hi,

We’ve recently started using the Check-In kiosk for our volunteers. Is there a way to change the “Check-In Time” options? I don’t want the volunteers to have the option to check in at shift start or with a custom time. I prefer they check in when they’re actually checking in.

Thank you,

Christina Cook

Program Coordinator
Mon County Habitat for Humanity

23 people like this idea

I agree that our volunteers would be less confused if there was only one option for check-in & out. We would like to remove the check-in at shift time and custom time options. Will this be an option in the next few months?

Hello Everyone,

Thank you as always for your posts! We truly appreciate your willingness to share your ideas with us so that our Brand Management and Development team can get a better understanding of client goals and how the software can better help to meet those goals. 

In an effort to provide as much transparency when possible, here is a peek behind the curtain on what happened with this particular software change request. Updates to the Check-In Kiosk were prioritized and scoped just before the pandemic hit. At the time, as was many people's experience, we were unsure what was going to happen. We made the decision to prioritize other development builds at that time as we felt that people were not likely to use the kiosk during the pandemic to try to check lots of people in at one time.

We do understand that this particular feature is rife with opportunity for improvement and it was a topic of discussion in our Development planning week this year. While I cannot guarantee a delivery date, I can tell you that it has been re-prioritized and should be delivered sometime before Q2 of 2024. 

I'll be sure to let everyone know that this is a hot topic right now and that we should make a big fanfare about the release of the next version of the kiosk. 

Thank you all again for your time and your thoughts, they truly are so helpful to us in our efforts to advocate for our clients needs. 

Ali Pettigrew

Director of Customer Experience 

Hi Colleen, thanks for checking in!

Right now, the three options are check in now, check in at shift start time, and check in at a custom time, which allows for the most flexibility for check-in. That said, we understand that there are cases where you want to enforce when volunteers can check in, and there are a variety of other situations that we are taking into consideration for the next check-in related build. 

Because of Covid-19, some of the changes we had planned to make to check-in this year got moved back, but we have not forgotten about this, and will make sure to take this post into account in the next check-in update.

Thanks for your patience!

Hello Sam,

Thank you for voicing your support on this! I understand and appreciate this description of the check-in kiosk working similarly as a time-card for arrival and leaving instead of an automatic default of the in/out time. I'll be submitting and forwarding this suggestion to enhancements for review!

All the best,

Annette

Hello, Bri!

Thank you for adding your voice to this enhancement suggestion! There isn't a set timeline for updates to the Check-In Kiosk, but I will share your support for this so that development can discuss this popular request during an enhancements meeting. We appreciate your feedback and suggestions!

Best,

Bee

Hi Lacey, 

Thank you for reaching out! Although I do not have a timeline for any changes coming to the Check In Kiosk, I will make a note of your support of this suggestion. Thank you for adding your voice to the chorus! 

Have a great day!

Autum

Hello, 

We would also prefer to have the option of treating the check-in kiosk like a time-card: you punch in when you arrive and out when you leave, rather than having in & out times as an automatic default

Thanks, Sam. 

Hi Rubicela, thanks for writing in to the forum! 

I will make sure to note your support for this product suggestion, and bring it to the team the next time we discuss enhancements to the kiosk. 

Have a great day!

Login or Signup to post a comment