Check-In Kiosk "Check-In" Options

Hi,

We’ve recently started using the Check-In kiosk for our volunteers. Is there a way to change the “Check-In Time” options? I don’t want the volunteers to have the option to check in at shift start or with a custom time. I prefer they check in when they’re actually checking in.

Thank you,

Christina Cook

Program Coordinator
Mon County Habitat for Humanity

23 people like this idea

I agree that our volunteers would be less confused if there was only one option for check-in & out. We would like to remove the check-in at shift time and custom time options. Will this be an option in the next few months?

Hello, Bri!

Thank you for adding your voice to this enhancement suggestion! There isn't a set timeline for updates to the Check-In Kiosk, but I will share your support for this so that development can discuss this popular request during an enhancements meeting. We appreciate your feedback and suggestions!

Best,

Bee

Adding my thoughts to the chorus of people requesting a check-in out option at the kiosk that is similar to a time clock. Is this option in the works?

Good afternoon,

Has there been any update on this? We are having a lot of issues with student volunteers arriving an hour late to their volunteer shift and checking in with the shift start time, instead of the actual time. We would also like to see a time stamp with activity under the hours tab, so we can monitor this and adjust hours accordingly. For example, if a student checks in on the kiosk at 3:00 for a 2:00 shift, by checking in with the shift start time, the hours tab should should have a section that says "hours added by user at kiosk at 3:00." Although this creates more work for our staff to have to closely monitor the entries on the kiosk hours tab, at least we can be recording hours accurately.  

It seems like this is an update a lot of organizations would like to see implemented.

2 people like this

Restating our wish to have an option to make the check-in kiosk function like a time-clock. 

2 people like this

Agreed with Therese & Sam! It would be great if this change could happen sooner rather than later. It is a bit frustrating that this has been a request from 4 years ago without any updates.

4 people like this

Hello Everyone,

Thank you as always for your posts! We truly appreciate your willingness to share your ideas with us so that our Brand Management and Development team can get a better understanding of client goals and how the software can better help to meet those goals. 

In an effort to provide as much transparency when possible, here is a peek behind the curtain on what happened with this particular software change request. Updates to the Check-In Kiosk were prioritized and scoped just before the pandemic hit. At the time, as was many people's experience, we were unsure what was going to happen. We made the decision to prioritize other development builds at that time as we felt that people were not likely to use the kiosk during the pandemic to try to check lots of people in at one time.

We do understand that this particular feature is rife with opportunity for improvement and it was a topic of discussion in our Development planning week this year. While I cannot guarantee a delivery date, I can tell you that it has been re-prioritized and should be delivered sometime before Q2 of 2024. 

I'll be sure to let everyone know that this is a hot topic right now and that we should make a big fanfare about the release of the next version of the kiosk. 

Thank you all again for your time and your thoughts, they truly are so helpful to us in our efforts to advocate for our clients needs. 

Ali Pettigrew

Director of Customer Experience 

I'll add to the pile.  Simplifying the check-in/out time options would be preferred.  Perhaps just have an option on the main settings page to toggle each of the three on/off individually could be useful.  

I concur with the concerns above regarding accurate time-keeping for students and court-ordered community service.

If this was a priority pre-pandemic, it should be again now.  The kiosk is the ONLY way we register volunteers at all our facilities.

Looking forward to a few more years of this thread while we continue to pay for a product that fails to adapt to continually expressed needs.

3 people like this

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for adding your voice to the suggestions, I'll make sure to pass the additional feedback along to Brand so they can take it into account while they are reviewing and revising the requirements for an update to the Check-In Kiosk. Many of the changes that are made to the software are driven by these forum posts. I can't spill the beans just yet but the next couple of updates to the software were ideas that came from a post just like this one. 

Here is a link to our enhancements page. It talks about the updates made to the software in the past couple of years if you're curious about what we've built. I also noticed you're on a legacy product so I'm going to have our Success team reach out to you so they can talk to you about new features that might be helpful to you in our newer Nonprofit product. I've also attached a graphic we made in the beginning of 2020 that details the history of our product development. It doesn't include all the changes we've made but hits on some major highlights. 

We are looking forward to delivering an updated Kiosk to everyone! We are shooting for a Q2 of 2024 release for that product if no hiccups occur along the way. 

If anyone has additional questions about our history please reach out to us at support@galalxydigital.com. 

Warmly,

Ali Pettigrew

Director of Customer Experience

pdf
Login or Signup to post a comment