Implemented

Including shift times in reminder emails

I'd love for there to be a way to include a need start time or shift duration commitment in addition to the need date in the reminder email templates. We host multiple shifts on the same day, and any additional way we can make sure our volunteers know when they have committed to being there right in their reminder messages would be a big help!

2 people like this idea

Hi Jaclyn, 

Thank you for your suggestion! I have seen this request in several other posts, and I am happy to add your voice to the crowd! I will bring this up with development in our next enhancement meeting. 

Thank you!

Autum

Has this been added? I need help finding the Help document to do this. This is BENEFICIAL and should be required in a reminder email. Thanks for any direction on this topic. 

Hi Marcy, 

Thank you for reaching out! We understand how vital the shift time can be in confirmation and reminders notifications to volunteers. Since this request was originally posted, we have updated the need reminder notifications to also include shift times to mitigate user confusion. I believe this happened within the past year, our apologies for not updating this thread sooner!

Shift_times is a template key option on the Need Response Thank You and Volunteer Self Check-in automated notifications (found in Communication > Notifications) and is already included in the template, but can be edited or removed by a site manager. You can find more information on the Need related notifications templates here.

On the Upcoming Need Reminder notification, the need_date template key was updated to pull both the shift date and time (if the reminder is for a shifted need). 

When looking into this request I noticed that these updates are not referenced in the help articles about Need related notifications. I’ll add a suggestion to update the Help Center documentation to provide additional clarity to the Upcoming Need Reminder notification. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Best, 

Beth

Login or Signup to post a comment