Manually Adding Responses After Need Expired

Pretty commonly, especially for new users/agencies, we need to assist with recreating a need that has passed to log hours for users/teams that didn't respond to the need before it expired, but ended up volunteering.

Could we get a manual way for site managers (even agency managers) to add a user/team to a need that has expired?

This will eliminate having to recreate a new need (triggering auto emails and effecting site data) to log the volunteers hours.

1 person likes this idea

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for reaching out to us! It sounds like this might be solved by manually adding a user response to a need on behalf of the user. When adding a response on behalf of a user, you can do it while staying logged in as a site manager and you can add the response before or after the need expires. 

For example, let's say that there is a need called River Clean Up. The need expired on April 21st. You know that John User volunteered at River Clean Up, but he didn't add a user response, and now he can't because it is April 24th and the need is expired. As a site manager, you can go to the Responses area of your site and add a response for John. 

To add a user response: 

• Go to Volunteerism > Responses
  • Click the Add a Response button 
  • You will be prompted to enter the name of the need and the user's name. 
  • Click Add User Response. 
  • The response is now added to your site! 

Does this sound like it would solve the issue, or have I missed the mark? Please let me know!

Best,

Autum

I would also like to add, in order for me to do a workaround and create a new need to log the hours, I had to log in and out multiple times to assume the user profile for the agency manager and team leader. 

Login or Signup to post a comment