Create AGE as a permanent part of User's Profile

This product suggestion is to create AGE as a permanent piece of information in a User's Profile.  It would not be entered by the volunteer, but computed based on "Birth Date", which is one of the "Standard Registration Options".  

Use case - All our volunteers must be 16 years of age or older.   We currently have to ask every volunteer who registers if they are "16 Years of Age or Older?".  The volunteer is also required in our organization to enter their Birth Date as part of the registration process.    It looks silly to go back and ask the age question.   And it looks really silly if the volunteer is in their 70s, 80s, or 90s.   It would be very convenient to have AGE as a permanent piece of information that can then be used in Qualifications, the User Filter, and any other place volunteer profile data can be used.

The second part of this suggestion is to have the Minimum Age and Maximum age within the definition of an Opportunity be more than just informational.  Perhaps the Opportunity could use this information to restrict access to those volunteers who meet the age requirements.

Going back to the User Registration form ... If the volunteer is not required to enter Birth Date, then the value of AGE would be zero.   Otherwise, it would be an integer from 1 through whatever.

3 people like this idea

1 Comment

Hi John,

Thank you for these suggestions and for explaining the use case! I will make sure to add the following suggestions to our Enhancements board. Please let me know if this sounds like an accurate summation or if I've missed anything: 

• Allow a user's age to be auto-filled into parts of the site that require age based on the birth date they entered in the User Registration area of the site. 
  • Make the Minimum and Maximum age sections in opportunities requirements rather than descriptions. 

Please let me know if I can add anything else!
Autum

Login or Signup to post a comment