Add option to hide or minimize the Program Manager Toolbox

This product suggestion is to allow the Program Manager to temporarily hide or minimize the Program Manager Toolbox,   When working as a Program Manager, there is very little screen space available for work.  On a standard full-size monitor,  about 75% of the vertical space is taken up by the window menu bar, banner, bread-crumb line, program title box, program manager toolbox, and program manager menu.   That leaves just a few lines for all other information, meaning the program manager has to start scrolling to view their work.  Hiding the Toolbox area would free up some screen space.   In addition, it would be great to hide the program title box as well - or perhaps move the information elsewhere on the screen.  The program title is static information and doesn't have to consume the most valuable real estate in the center of the screen.

A second issue with the allocation of space on the screen is that when printing custom reports from the Program Manager menu, the first page of the report contains all the information on the screen.   I realize this is how the browser's print facility works, however it would be nice to remove temporarily from the page information that is not relevant, in particular the Program Manager Toolbox.

Hi John,

Thank you for your suggestion and for describing this use case! I will add the following suggestions to our Enhancement Board: 

1) Allow Program Managers the ability to minimize or hide the Program Manager Toolbox. 

2) Allow Program Managers the ability to minimize or hide the Program title. 

Please let me know if I'm missing anything. Have a great 4th of July!

Best,

Autum

1 person likes this

I would like to second the request to hide the Program Manager Toolbox. Once our Program Managers are trained, this large banner is more of a hassle than a help. A small square with a Toolbox Icon would be sufficient so that when you want help, you can get there easily.

Agree with this - an icon for the Toolbox would help with overall screen display.  We would also like to be able to minimize as a default the volunteer snapshot - it pushes everything else on the page "below the fold" for agencies.

Karyn and Christy,

Thank you both for adding your support to this suggestion! I've made note of your support. Christy, I've also created a new request to allow site managers the option to have the Volunteer Snapshot minimized automatically. 

Have a great day!
Autum

I agree and would like to change the Toolbox banner to be other things rather than the kiosk...we would like to rotate tools for the toolbox as an option or eliminate that banner altogether to free up screen real estate.

Hi Judy, 

Thank you for adding your voice to the chorus! I will make a note of your support for this suggestion. 

Thank you and have a great day!

Login or Signup to post a comment