Allow Agency Managers to send text messages

It would be very helpful if our Agency Managers could send text messages to responders. Our volunteer base is way more likely to see a text message versus an email.

Thank you

1 person likes this idea

Hi Erin, 

Text messaging is a feature that is solely for site managers because it involves contracts and invoicing with our company. We do not currently interact or support agencies. I recommend creating a need response question that requests that the volunteer provide a mobile phone number if they wish to be contacted in that manner. The agency manager will get the information and be able to text those volunteers if they wish to! 

I hope you have a nice weekend! 

Ali 

Hi, 

I agree with this product suggestion.  If I could add regarding to the cost and invoicing that organizations would incur,  that it would great if organizations could make that call for their scenario and choose to give this ability to program managers.  You could have organization sign off on something that states they are aware of the costs involved and are willing to manage/incur the potential costs of this feature.  

When you have Program Managers that deal with their own volunteers it is a very awkward flow when they can't contact their volunteers directly via texting.  The feature becomes useless to users in this scenario.  

Hi Elise,

Thank you for taking the time to post on this thread! The original post spoke to allowing outside agencies to utilize the text messaging feature, so hearing your perspective on the program perspective is insightful. I've updated this post to reflect this specific use case.

All the best,

Caitlin

Login or Signup to post a comment