Template Key Requests for Auto Generated Notifications

Under notifications in the Template Keys I would love it if you could add <Agency Address> and <Login Link> as options for every available template.

1 person likes this idea

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for sharing your suggestions about template keys! I hear where you're coming from with the frustration about users having to reach out and think it would be very helpful if an opportunity/need location template key could be added in notifications like "Thank You For Your Interest" and "Upcoming Need Reminder". I'll be submitting this to our enhancements team and discussing this with them!

I do have a suggestion on how this could be approached at this time. When updating or creating an opportunity there is a Comments field where additional information about the opportunity can be added (below is a screenshot) the information will not be publicly visible to volunteers unless it's shared in a notification:

Information like details about location/address can be included in this Comments field and then inserted in the automatic notifications templates Need Response Thank You and Upcoming Need Reminder by using the {{need_comment}} template key:

I hope this helps and once again thank you for your submitting your ideas. Have a great day Samantha!

All the best,

Annette

It would be great to have a Opportunity/Need Location - Template Key added for the "Thank You for Your Interest" and "Upcoming Need Reminder" notifications. I've had volunteers repeatedly ask for the location after getting these emails and even though they can click to go back to the opportunity page through the link provided to see the address, they still would rather ask me, which is frustrating.

1 person likes this

Hi Kate and Cody, thank you for writing in! I think these are great ideas, and I will add your suggestions to our list of template keys to consider adding to need-related notifications.

I hope you are all staying healthy and safe!

1 person likes this

Hi Eli,

I second this. More specifically, I would like the Opportunity/Need address to be available as a Template Key.

Cody

Hi Eli,

If possible, it would be great to have the {need_link} option available in the Template Keys for all notifications related to a need/opportunity (ie. new volunteer registered notification to agency/program manager, volunteer unregistered notification, etc). 

Thanks!

Kate 

1 person likes this

Hi Malisia, thanks for reaching out!

I will make sure to add your suggestion to our enhancement board and bring it up in the next meeting. When working with template keys, we always have to consider what data is available based on the event that triggered the notification, so it may not be possible to add {{agency_address}} to all templates, but I will make sure to check on where it would be available. 

Have a great week!

Login or Signup to post a comment