Ongoing Opportunities Expire after 365 Days

We have numerous agencies that will add an opportunity as ongoing and NEVER come back to update it again. 

I would like it if the on-going opportunities automatically deactivated after 365 days. It would be great if Galaxy could send notifications at 30 days and 7 days warning that the opportunity will be deleted. Then send one after it's deleted with a link to restore and update the information. 

Thanks!

2 people like this idea

Good morning!

There is a way to "batch" deactivate Opportunities from the Opportunities page. However, we typically don't recommend doing this. This is because deactivating Opportunities also deactivates the responses and hours associated with that Opportunity, and we don't want your data to be inaccuate! 

Instead, we recommend changing the Duration of an Ongoing Opportunity to "Runs Until". The Runs Until Duration functions the same as Ongoing, except it expires on a set day. You as a Site Manager can go in and change the Duration of an Opportunity to Runs Until, choose the expiration date, and save your changes. 

Have a great day!

Autum

hello - I don't believe this was ever done.  I am from the same organization as Molly Callaway who posted about this 3 years ago.  Since this feature is not yet available, is there a way to "batch" expire/inactivate Opportunities?  We plan to email all of the organizations that have Opportunities that are over 365 days old to see whether anyone objects to us inactivating. 

Indeed. More efforts should go into automating and keeping needs fresh and relevant. 

Hi Malisia and Molly, 

Thank you for your suggestion and support! I will add this to our enhancements board suggesting that Ongoing Needs expire after 1 year. I will include the addition of an automatic notification letting Agency Managers know that Need will expire soon. 

Thank you!
Autum

Double thumbs up!! To have ongoing opportunities expire after a year would be great. I'd also like organization records to deactivate after one year if they have not been updated. This would be a huge help. 

Login or Signup to post a comment