Court Ordered Community Service

Help - we are tracking our court mandated volunteers with an antiquated system and I would like to you our Galaxy platform instead. I would like to talk to other who are already using it. Also, it would be nice to have a "sandbox" to play around in to get the hang of it before we make any decisions - it will be a lot of work to convert and I want to be certain all of our needs will be met.

Thanks!

Hi Bonnie, 

We don't currently have a sandbox to offer to existing clients to test out features. I am happy to help answer any questions you may have though to ensure you feel good about the results before setting everything up! Can you tell me a little bit about your court mandated project and how you are currently managing it? 

Thanks!

Ali 

1 person likes this

Hi Ali - I am not in charge of our Court Ordered Community Service however, our office has been discussing ways to make it more efficient. There seems to be a lot of recording  the same information in multiple places.  Records are kept in Excel and a monthly report of hours completed at our sites is sent to the POs monthly. I am exploring options. No sense in us trying to reinvent the wheel if a good system exists. I will read over what I've printed out from you site and discuss with the woman who runs the program to see if she believes it to be a viable option. I learn by doing so I was hoping there was a way to test it out.

Hi Bonnie, 

That sounds like a good plan! One way to test things out on your site without disrupting the volunteer experience is to use private opportunities and your own fake volunteer test accounts. The system is trained to ignore @Example.com and not send it emails so that's a great one to use for your test accounts. Be careful though, the system does have some spam filters so if you say your name is John John, it's going to block you because of the repetition in the name. 

Please let me know if you have any specific elements of your court mandated program you'd like to work through, I'm here to help! 

Happy almost Thanksgiving, 

Ali 

Hi Bonnie, 

I am interested in seeing how Galaxy can be used for court ordered community service. Did you end up switching over to galaxy? I would love to speak with you about why you did/didn't.

Thanks!

Allison

Hi Allison, 

I don't think that Bonnie has had a chance to explore the options yet. You can check out our recommended practices for court mandates in our software in this article. 

I'm also happy to tackle any questions you have or strategize some ideas. If it's a technical "how to" question, please email support but if it's more of a "how would I handle this situation" please post it here!  

Happy Friday, 

Ali 

Login or Signup to post a comment