Ability to Re-order Files in a Folder

I have folders that contain training materials with individual files that are updated regularly. When uploaded, the new files appear at the bottom of the list. In most cases, there is a specific order to the files as they are often chapters to a manual. If would be very helpful if I could move the files around to put them in the order I need them instead of the default order.

Thanks!

2 people like this idea

Hi Motria,

Thanks so much for sharing your use case here! While I haven't seen this specific case come up yet, I know there have been some other suggestions posted here around the sorting of tables. I'd love to add your feedback to our enhancement board so that we can get it in front of the development team.

Does this sound like a good summary of your request?

• "Allow users to sort the table columns by Type, Title, Size, and Date Added."
    • With this solution, for example, the files could be sorted by the "Date Added" column, which would enable you to see the newest files first.

Please let me know what you think - I look forward to hearing your feedback!

All the best,

Caitlin Lowe

Hi Caitlin,

Now that I understand how different parts of the site interact with each other, I see that I don't actually need to sort files in a folder because those files are typically uploaded to a custom page where I have complete control over how to order them. However, it would be useful to have the ability for a user to create folders in their profiles under the My Files link. Folders would help organize files for people who use that functionality often. 

Thanks,

Motria

Hi Motria,

Thanks for that update! I'll add the following enhancement to our board:

As a user, I would like to organize my files in folders, so that I can quickly find various documents.

Please let me know if that sums it up!

All the best,

Caitlin

Hi Caitlin,

Yes, you have summarized my request perfectly. Thank you for adding it to the board.

Thanks,

Motria

Hi Motria,

You're welcome! Have a great week and keep sharing your ideas with us.

All the best,

Caitlin

Login or Signup to post a comment