Mass assign a cluster to needs as site manager

Hello Galaxy Digital Crew,

Would it be possible, when accessing the list of needs as a site manager, to be able to select multiple needs as assign them to a cluster?  Similar to the current action we can use to mass assign needs to an initiative.  We would like to start using the cluster feature more to market upcoming volunteer needs with a cluster link ... either clustered by date, theme, location, etc. This would also be helpful if we could mass assign clusters to needs that are part of multiple initiatives.  

Gina Edwards

HOI United Way

1 person likes this idea

Hi Gina,

Thank you so much for that additional information! With that in mind, here is what I would propose to our development team:

"Allow Site Managers to Assign Clusters to Needs In Bulk"

• This functionality is desired from the Manager Panel under Volunteerism > Needs

If this captures your request, I will go ahead and log this for review. 

All the best,

Caitlin

1 person likes this

Hi Caitlin,  sorry for the delay in responding.  We would like to be able to assign clusters from the site manager's main landing page for needs.  Where it says "Actions for Selected Needs".  This way, instead of having to open each need individually, and scroll down to add it to a cluster, we could do it all at the same time.  We're finding clusters an easy way to share specific needs, especially now with COVID-19 response, remote volunteering and social-distancing.  Once I have a cluster established, we then encourage our agencies to use it and we use the link on social media, etc.  Our goal, before the current crisis, was to create a cluster for each month of the year and then use it to promote "next month's volunteer needs" ... etc.  Thank you for considering!  - Gina 

Here's the drop-down box I'm referring to for mass assigning a cluster...  - Gina 

Hi Gina,

Thanks for sharing your idea with us! One way that you may choose to spotlight needs that are grouped by date or location is to try this out:

1. Open Needs from the front-end of your site

2. Apply a filter, in this example let's say we use an Interest like Physical Labor

3. Copy the link from your browser's address bar

4. Create a Spotlight and paste this link in the Target URL field

Now, you've created a spotlight that highlights all Needs that are associated with the interest "Physical Labor". You can do this for any filters that you see in the dropdown! Would something like that work for marketing upcoming volunteer needs with a link? Let me know what you think! 

As far as mass assigning clusters to needs that are part of multiple initiatives, can you tell me a little bit more about what problem this would solve for you? I look forward to hearing from you!

All the best,

Caitlin Lowe

Login or Signup to post a comment