Changing the need response when approving hours

It would be nice to be able to edit a need response from the hours approval screen.

The only options now for editing are to :

1- Assume user, go in and edit response, log out and then log back in as manager

2 - The original response will need to be removed. Then, a response will need to be added to the correct opportunity and hours can be logged to this response.

Both of these options seem a bit tedious and time consuming.

thanks

Hi Andrew, 

I hope you're doing well! Thank you for your suggestion. I can absolutely add your suggestion about adding an editing option for responses in the Hours page. 

While I have you, I wanted to mention a third way to edit responses that will hopefully be less time-consuming. You can also edit any response on your site by going to Volunteerism > Responses, and clicking on the pencil icon next to the response under Options

Once you click the pencil icon, you will be able to edit the Opportunity, shift responded to, and any Initiative or Response questions. You may also want to delete the response entirely, which you can do by clicking the X. 

Does this sound like a good third solution? Please let me know what you think! 

Thank you!

Autum

I found this product suggestion and would like to add one point.  If a volunteer enters their hours as "Individual Hours" it doesn't look like they don't show up in the Responses section.

The main reason I need to change submitted volunteer hours is because they enter them as "Individual Hours" not with an appropriate Opportunity response.

Right now, I do the Assume User method to edit the response.

It would be nice to have a feature on the Volunteerism>Hours page that is the equivalent of what it on the Responses page for these Individual Hours

Hi, Karyn,

This is a good point! I do want to point out here that if you are having individuals log Individual Hours when they need to be logging hours that should coincide with a previous response, you can turn off Individual Hours.  

Are you hoping for there to be a place to add a response from the hours management area in the site manager panel?

Thank you in advance for that clarification.

Best,

Maia Price
Galaxy Digital CX

Maia, yes, I'm hoping for a way to attach individual hours to a specific response through the hours form when approving hours.

Hi Karyn,

Thanks for that clarification!

This is what I will pass on to the enhancements team:

"When a user inputs individual hours, a site manager can retroactively associate those hours with an opportunity, therefore creating a response on behalf of the volunteer."

I hope you're well!

Best,

Maia Price
Galaxy Digital CX

Login or Signup to post a comment