Cloning an entire Program with Opportunities Attached

We will have Programs set up on our site containing at least 9 opportunities.  The programs are unique to location and names, but the volunteer opportunities (roles) are generally the same.  What might vary are the dates of service.  We anticipate added large volumes over the coming months/years.  As it stands now, we have to individually set up each Program and individually clone each opportunity from another similar Program into the new set-up.  It is very laborious, especially if you need to add large volumes of Programs. I would love to be able to work from a template to use whenever we add another center and just make minor customized changes unique to the specific center that we add.  For the most part, all Centers will have the same opportunities except for dates.  I've addressed this already through the GD support crew, but have been told it isn't currently possible.  Is this something that GD programming could look at and perhaps help with? 

1 person likes this idea

Hi Lisa, thanks for reaching out! 

We appreciate your feedback on this, and I can definitely see a use case for something like this where Programs function as locations, but the work being done at each location is very similar. 

Customer Experience moderates these forums and documents all product suggestions, and I will make sure that your idea is added to our list of enhancements so we can review it in our next enhancement meeting. 

Thanks as always for your ideas!

I too hold the same type of program over and over, with only changes in name/title of the program. Being able to duplicate a whole program (opportunities and all) with a click would be so extremely helpful.

Thanks for posting in our forums!

I know we had discussed changing your use case during your strategy call, so that you use Initiatives rather than Programs, so I want to be sure I'm capturing the most up to date information. Your programs will now stay the same, while you'll use initiatives and similar opportunities within the initiatives for your different events- is that correct? If so, are you still interested in the ability to duplicate whole Initiatives, including the opportunities within?

I look forward to hearing from you!

All the best,

Caitlin

We use templates as a standard practice. We place an ! in front of the title to separate the templates when sorting the missions. We want the cloning function to keep the same times and dates in the cloned opportunity.

Hi Judy,

Thank you for posting in our forums! This request is for the option to clone a Program and all of its associated Opportunities. It sounds like you'd like to request the option to clone an Opportunity ("Mission" on your site) and all of its shifts. I've already documented Catherine's request for this type of feature, so I will add your voice alongside hers!

Please let me know if I've misunderstood or if there's any additional information you'd like to share! You can view Catherine's post here to see what she wrote, as well.

All the best,

Caitlin

Login or Signup to post a comment