Customization of the Dashboard

Hi There,

It would be really nice if the Dashboard could be a little bit more customization. Some of the features do not fit our needs, such as the map with the "search for more opportunities" box or the current opportunities section. I also think the wording of the sections on the dashboard (current opportunities and suggested opportunities) should be changeable as well. This would help us better communicate with our volunteers.

Thank you!

Chloe

1 person likes this idea

Hi, Chloe,

Thanks for posting here in the forum! I hope you're well. Thanks for your thoughts about the logged in home page and the volunteer dashboard and spotlight.

From your post I can see that you have interest in suggesting these things:

- Removal of the map and search function from the logged in home page
- Provide for language overrides for the "current" and "suggested" terms on that page.

Does that sound right? I want to make sure I'm capturing the essence of the request when I send this to our enhancement team.

Best,

Maia Price
Galaxy Digital CX

Yes, thank you!

Hi, Chloe,

Thank you!

This is what I'll pass on to the enhancements team:

"Removing the map and search function from the logged in home page" and "Adding 'current' and 'suggested' as language overrides"

Best,

Maia Price
Galaxy Digital CX

Hello! This would also be useful to us, specifically, I would like to remove mention of "events" from our volunteer dashboard. In the past, we referred to all of our volunteer opportunities as volunteer "events" and I had a volunteer who was confused about why his events section said he had not rsvp'd for any. I would like the option to customize the dashboard to remove "events" because we don't use that function.

Hi Holly, 

Good morning! I wanted to let you know that you currently have the ability to remove "Events" from the volunteer's dashboard! To do this, go to Settings > Main Settings, scroll to the Events section, and turn OFF Show Events. I checked your site, and it looks like Events are currently hidden from your site. Am I misunderstanding, or has turning off Events fulfilled this request? 

Thank you!

Autum

Hi Autum! Happy new year! I am referring to the volunteer snapshot page, where it says # of events RSVP'd, as shown in my screenshot. Let me know what you think.

I agree that the Snapshot should not have the Events tally when Events are disabled on the site.

Hi Holly and Karyn,

I wanted to let you know that we have updated the Dashboard so that if Events are turned OFF and the volunteer has not previously responded to an Event, the Events section will not appear in the dashboard.

Thank you for submitting this request!

All the best,

Caitlin

This is great! Thanks!

Thank you (and the Team behind the scenes.)

Login or Signup to post a comment