Selecting Multiple Opportunities for Responding/Calendar View Settings

WE have a large number of opportunities and with our process our volunteers respond to the majority of their opportunities for the year at one time. We have to split up our opportunities such that we have 240-60 opportunities for a year totaling close to or over 500 shifts. It's nice that a volunteer can select all the shifts in a given opportunity, but it would also be helpful for our volunteers to be able to select multiple opportunities all at once, especially since the opportunity filters are not terribly user friendly (automatically resetting after responding to an opportunity).

So that brings up a secondary recommendation that the filters for viewing opportunities don't reset. They should stay at whatever point the volunteer was viewing them. For example, in Calendar view, I'm setting my yearly calendar in January. I go to June, respond to an event, and then when I return to the calendar view, I'm back at January again. Then I have to click all the way through just to get back to June. At the bare minimum, I would think there needs to be a better way to get to various parts of the year rather than clicking through all the months.

1 person likes this idea

1 Comment

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for sharing your feedback here! For responses to multiple opportunities, would these be for Ongoing and Runs Until opportunities? Or, are you envisioning a solution that includes the ability to sign up for all shifts of multiple opportunities at one time? Likewise, for any date-based opportunity (Multi-Date, Happens On) would you expect that a volunteer could sign up for multiple at a time? 

For your other two requests, I've gone ahead and added these to our board:

1. Opportunity filters should persist even after an action is taken on the page
  2. Provide an easier way to navigate through the months when viewing the Calendar 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you,

Caitlin

Login or Signup to post a comment