Qualifications Only to Agency Managers

Hi there! At our organization, we have certain managers (such as myself) who use qualifications, and need to approve those who apply for those needs. We are hoping that you will consider allowing those pending qualifications notifications to come through to the specific agency manager whose needs have qualifications attached. Under the qualifications tab,  there's the ability to eliminate agencies from adding qualifications to their needs. It would be wonderful to have a pending qualifications notification (via email) for those agency managers who have qualifications coming in, just the same as they do with having to approve pending hours. 

Does this make sense?

1 person likes this idea

Hi Anna, 

Thanks for posting to the forum. To make sure I'm understanding you correctly and passing on the correct essence of your request, are you hoping for Agency Managers to both receive a pending items notification and be able to act on that notification by approving the qualification?

Thank you in advance for clarifying!

Best,
Maia Price
Galaxy Digital CX

Hey Maia!

I'm not sure I quite understand where you're coming from. What I'm thinking is that if an agency manager has a qualification attached to one of their needs, they would receive a notification (like they do with pending hours). And then yes, that they could click on it and it would take them directly to the approval page.

Hi Anna, 

Thanks for the clarification! This is what I'll pass on to the enhancements team for consideration: "Agency Managers would be able to approve qualifications attached to their needs and would be notified of pending items via a pending item notification."

We also appreciate you posting here to the forums. 

Best,

Maia Price
Galaxy Digital CX

Hello,

We have exactly the same situation and request. Was this ever resolved, and if so, could my organization also be set up to have program managers (agency managers) given approval authority for qualifications?

Thanks,

Grace Hanners

Hi, Grace,

Thanks for posting here! Currently, this has not been implemented, but I'll make sure I add your support to this request. Please let me know if you have any additional thoughts.

Best, ,
Maia Price
Galaxy Digital CX

I would love to see this Enhancement.  

The issue is that we have a huge number of opportunities, most of which require a qualification. I have a dozen different Program Managers who are the ones who know who is qualified. The current process is

1) A volunteer submits a qualification

2) Site manager receives a daily email of new qualifications

3) Site manager has to email the Program Managers to see if this person is qualified.

4) If PM says yes, SM approves

5) If PM says no, SM selects as option like Denied or Resubmit, but it is not possible to also let Volunteer exactly who they need to contact to get the qualification.

This seems like a lot of manual work when there could be an automated process.

The request is for the Program Manager to see the requests for Qualifications, similar to the Pending Hours; the process would be more streamline and more understandable to both Volunteers and Managers. 

One alternative is to add an "Additional Notification" to each qualification. When the qualification is set up, Site Managers could assign one or more people to receive the notification, similar to the "Additional Notification Recipients" in the Opportunity.   Then the PM could notify SM of whether the volunteer is qualified.

Hi Karyn,

Thanks for posting in our forums! I can definitely see how this enhancement would streamline your qualification management processes. I've updated this request to reflect your feedback regarding how this enhancement would benefit your organization. 

Cheers,

Caitlin

Login or Signup to post a comment