Universal Calendar Holiday

Hi all,

I would like to see a way to post a holiday or other organization-wide notice to all Programs. For example, we will be closed for President's Day so will have no opportunities. Right now, the date is simply blank on our schedules and if we wanted to show on the calendars that we are closed, we would need to build an event in each Program so that the info shows up in each Program. Is there a way to post a notification on a specific date to all Programs?

Thanks,

Cody

2 people like this idea

1 Comment

Hi Cody, thanks for reaching out! I can see how you might want to be able to prevent programs from posting opportunities on a specific date you are closed on, and have that closure show up on the site calendars, I will make a note of this enhancement request and make sure to bring it to the team for review!

At the moment, there isn't a way to display site-wide closures on the calendar, but I would recommend using any or all of these features to notify your volunteers and program managers of holidays and closures:

Email Blasts: Send out an email notification to all of your volunteers, or just a specific list of your users to let them know about closures.

Spotlights: Use a spotlight to highlight upcoming holidays to all users. 

Clickable Banner: Update your banner image to link to a list of holidays and closures at the food bank. 

I hope that helps, have a great day!

Login or Signup to post a comment