"Registration Closed Date" for "Recurring Shifts"

We have been using the "Recurring Shifts" at our Restores as it is the easiest one too use and it fits the need at the Restores. However, we have run into the slight issue of people signing up the night before, after the Manager has planned out work for the next day. So, when they come into work more people than they originally thought were showing up. It would be awesome if there was a way we can set a "registration closed date" on recurring shifts. 

For example, for all the shifts happening on June 30, we set the registration date a day or two before that. This will allow the Restore Managers to plan for the amount of volunteers that will be coming to their store and not allow others to sign up.  

There are a few fix's I can think of. One is sitting and creating "Happens on" events for every single restore and their shifts. Which I want to try to avoid. The other is decreasing the total capacity of the shift, which I have already done and only slightly helps. People can still sign up the night before if there are still spots. 

I already emailed with Caitlin Lowe. I just wanted to post on this thread since its the product suggestions. 

Thank you!

2 people like this idea

Hi, Brandon, 

Thanks for posting this here and with the context given by your thread with Caitiln. I might also add that another option that might help any late sign-ups is to include language in the description such as "Any responses to shifts more than X hours from the start time will be considered invalid."

In regards to your request, I will definitely add this to the enhancements request as "The ability to add a registration closed date/time to all shifted opportunities."

Best,
Maia Price
Galaxy Digital CX

I agree with this need. For my organization, we need it most on the Custom Shift opportunities.  I know the work around is to change the capacity, but sometimes our Initiatives have over 50 opportunities attached to them and it's super tedious to go in and change capacity manually.  

Another addition that would be beneficial would be to have a bulk action for Agency/Program Managers or Site Managers where we can mark opportunities full. 

Hi, Cristy,

Thanks for your addition here! I will definitely add your support to our enhancement with this and once we get consensus on your other recent post regarding a "Mark As Full" option, I'll be sure to add it to consideration. Thank you.

Best,

Maia Price
Galaxy Digital CX

Poking an old thread here I guess. We are looking for a registration closed time. Ideally for us this would be something like an hour in advance. This is primarily for volunteers who work in our shelter's pet pantry program. As the software is now, folks will sign up to help minutes before a shift starts, or just drop in and sign up from the parking lot. Sometimes we don't have anything for them to do, or what was needed was completed during an earlier shift. Some amount of buffer time would still allow folks to help us out when they find they have time, and give us a chance to connect with them and reschedule if appropriate.  

Hi Adam, 

Thanks for giving this idea a boost and showing your support for registration close time for shifts! I appreciate the examples you've provided and I'll include your support to the existing product suggestion, along with the scenarios and recommendations around what would be valuable to your organization.

Please don't hesitate to add more information if other thoughts come to mind or reach out to us at support@galaxydigital.com if we can provide support or recommendations around current options for shift management. 

Have a wonderful day!

Beth
Galaxy Digital

Login or Signup to post a comment