Scheduling - By Week Options

We schedule many of our volunteers on a specific day over the course of a month. For example, the first Thursday of the month or the second and fourth Fridays of the month. It would be great if there was a way to more easily enter this into the schedule. Perhaps an additional filter option that says, "First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth" to the right of where it says, "Show all days, Show Mondays, etc." would be helpful for this.

1 person likes this idea

Hi Adam,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us today, we really appreciate it! I just did some testing on my site and it does look like you are able to create needs/opportunities with shifts that occur only on a certain day (in this example I used the second Tuesday of the month) with these settings:

If you were to need to set an additional recurring day for the same need, after you initially create the need you can navigate to it’s Edit Shifts tab and click the Add Shifts button to add more recurring shifts that happen on the same day in a given month.

Try that out and let me know if it meets your needs here! If not, happy to still write up a note in our team’s enhancement’s notes. Thanks!

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response. I appreciate the help. I don't really see how this would work, and if it did, it feels like it would be much too time-consuming. Many of our opportunities are happening every day, but the volunteers vary in terms of commitment from twice a week to once every other month. So the need to filter is more on the scheduling side than the opportunity side. The easiest way would be to have an option to the right of where it says, "Show Mondays, etc." that says, "Show First Week," "Show Second Week," etc. or something similar. That way, I can quickly filter to see all first Fridays and schedule the volunteers who regularly serve a meal that day for all their upcoming shifts.

2 people like this

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply and for your thoughtful feedback. That makes sense the way you describe it, how your request is more geared towards the scheduling side rather than need creation. This is the enhancement request I’ll add to our team’s notes for review:

“When selecting shifts in the Scheduling tool, to add an additional filter or way to narrow down the shift list to a specific week within each month the need runs through (“Show First Week,” “Show Second Week,” etc.). This will allow admins to quickly filter to see all first Fridays, for example, and schedule the volunteers who regularly work that day for all their upcoming shifts in bulk.”

Let me know if I am missing the mark or if you think I need to add anything to this. 

Thanks Adam!

1 person likes this

Hi Steve,

That's exactly right. Thanks for submitting this as an enhancement request!

Blessings,

Adam

This would be a helpful feature for our organization as well. We have volunteers that prefer to serve on the 2nd & 4th Sundays, for example, and it would be nice if we were able to check boxes for those specific weeks rather than having to create shifts 2 separate times.

Hello, Cindy!

Thank you for voicing your support for this product suggestion! I will share your vote with the enhancement team for consideration. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day. 

Best,

Bee

Login or Signup to post a comment