Site Manager - Bypass User Waivers

We have experienced the scenario, and I can imagine some other scenarios, where it would be helpful for the site manager to have the ability to bypass user waivers--essentially being able to mark someone qualified for a waiver without actually having to upload a document. It would also be helpful to do this in bulk.

1 person likes this idea

Hi Adam, thank you for writing in to the product suggestion forum! I have added your two requests to our list of enhancements to review:

1. The ability for site managers to mark users as qualified for waiver-type qualifications without needing to upload a document.

2. The ability for site managers to bulk update user qualification statuses. 

I will make sure to bring this up to the team, and will update this forum post with any updates on this suggestion. 

Have a great day!

I agree with the need for both of these suggestions. I have a number of volunteers who fill out the waivers in person. It is a hassle to have to upload a photo of the waiver individually (sometimes up to 70 a day). Being able to mark them as qualified without loading a document and being able to bulk approve users would be very important! 

2 people like this

I also agree with this. We have many groups who come in and sign waivers on site. Having to individually scan and upload all of these to each individual account is incredibly time consuming. Site managers should be able to check a box that we have a waiver on file without uploading the document. We have a file outside of Galaxy for the paper waivers. 

1 person likes this

I agree with these suggestions as well. Manual document entry is a time consuming task that often impedes productivity. Even a temporary bypass would be a huge help. 

Hi all, 

Thank you for sharing your support and providing examples around the ability to approve a waiver qualification without uploading a document and the addition of a bulk-approve option for qualifications. It's so valuable to hear how would benefit you organization's workflow. I'll add your contributions to this suggested product enhancement so we can view all support when discussing this items.

Please feel free to add anything else that you would find valuable specific to these product suggestions, we appreciate your contributions!

Have a great weekend!

Beth

Hi Beth-

We also were just discussing today how we wish Site Managers could mark a waiver qualification as met without uploading a file. We have a system of record showing we received waivers from certain volunteers which meets our own internal liability guidelines, but we do not have an efficient way to produce uploadable digital files of each of these volunteer's signed waivers.

In the present system, when we transition to requiring a waiver as part of user registration, this means current volunteers who have already signed a waiver will have to do so again. Although this may seem like a small administrative hiccup, it is cumbersome due to some of our volunteers lacking "tech confidence." It also has an emotional charge for some volunteers: "I've been serving here for 10 years! Of course I've already signed a waiver!" 

Hi Christopher, 

Thank you for contributing to this product suggestion related to waiver qualifications and a site manager's ability to mark users as qualified without a waiver. The good news is that any file in a doc, docx, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, or txt format can be uploaded to the waiver qualification as a placeholder and submitted to indicate the user is qualified. Although the additional steps are not always ideal, this is a functional workaround, should you need an option to support your existing workflow.

I'll add your voice and use case to the existing request, this will help provide additional insight for the enhancement request review. If you have other examples or ideas around this suggestion you'd like to include, feel free to add them any time. Thanks again for being an active participant in our product suggestion forum, I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this valuable information!

Have a great day!

Beth

Login or Signup to post a comment