Simplify process for Program Manager signing a volunteer up for a shift that is has no open slots

This product suggestion is closely related to a suggestion I submitted on May 15, 2019.  That suggestion was to simplify the process of manually moving a volunteer up from the waitlist.  This suggestion is similar, however in this case, the Program Manager would like to add a specific person (not someone on the waitlist) to the list of volunteers signed up for a shift.    If the shift is full, the Program Manager has to edit the shift first to add an open slot.  Once it is open, they can then add the selected person to the roster, if they move quickly.    This work needs to be done quickly or else people from the waitlist will be notified of the new opening.  The use case here is that there are times when a specific person needs to be recruited to work a shift, but the shift is full.  This person in our case is often an experienced manager who needs to be on hand during the shift.    It would be nice if the Program Manager could simply add this person to the shift and not worry about how the waitlist jumping ahead of their work.  I'm not aware of another way for the Program Manager to accomplish this task, but if there is, please let me know.

Thanks!

1 person likes this idea

1 Comment

Hi, John, 

Thanks for posting here and for referencing the previous post. It was helpful in understanding the context of this suggestion! 

Upon reading your post, this is what I'm able to discern is the request:

"The ability for agency/program managers to override the capacity limitation of a need/opportunity and add a response on behalf of a user not on the waitlist, even when there is a waitlist present. By doing this, it would eliminate the waitlist notification being sent if the program manager added a spot to just add this person."

Does that sound correct? Thanks for your insight!

Best,

Maia Price
Galaxy Digital CX

Login or Signup to post a comment