Log hours from check-in kiosk

Would it be possible for there to be an "input hours" option on the kiosk? Once volunteers sign in and select an opportunity, can the volunteers input hours instead of clock in?

This would be valuable for our animal foster volunteers (among others), who might have access to the terminals when they pickup/drop off their foster animals on site (though the hours that they log would have been done while they are at home).

I know we can fudge this with the "clock in @ a custom time" option, but it would be nice to have a log hours button next to the clock in button so that volunteers can use the formula for "volunteer hours/day x number of days they had the foster."

Hi Nick,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts in the forum! I'm happy to add your requests for the ability to log hours from the kiosk to our suggestions board so that the team can evaluate. It also sounds like your foster volunteers might benefit from the use of the mobile app to capture these hours, so I would like to follow up with you via email to discuss that option!

All the best,

Caitlin

Thank you, Caitlin--

I agree that the mobile app would be helpful for these volunteers, and the mobile app is helpful for a large segment of our volunteers. This is just an suggestion for those who are primarily volunteering offsite (animal fosters), who are less tech savvy. We did a study with our older volunteers who are members of the DSA Americorps Seniors program to better understand how we can support older volunteers. The check-in kiosk itself is a boon to older volunteers and a huge age-friendly improvement to our work--this addition would just close the gap a little further and improve the ease of use for the older volunteers in particular.

Thank you for taking the time!

Hi, Nick, 

Just chiming in here to say we appreciate this additional context! We are constantly having conversations on how to make Get Connected a more accessible tool for both digital natives and those who might be more tech-averse. If anything else arises here, please feel free to add your thoughts again and I'll make sure to keep this in mind as we advocate for any future rounds of enhancements. 

Best, 

Maia Price
Galaxy Digital CX

Login or Signup to post a comment