Chat option for the help desk

so many of my questions could be answered immediately with a Chat function....it's crazy that a question that could be resolved in under 5 minutes now involves an email and a typed response with an attached video that I have to watch....not efficient or customer forward. A system I used prior to this had that capability and it was amazing.....very amazing....

4 people like this idea

Hi Shawnee,

Thank you for for adding your opinion to this suggestion! Although we know chat support is used with other companies, we are not considering offering chat support for our current product at this time. Between the unique use cases of our clients and the capacity of our agents, a chat box would not be a feasible option and likely not provide the quality of service you expect from us here at Galaxy Digital.

Answering questions includes knowledge of the organization's unique use case, and the answers will often vary depending on the type of organization and what they are doing with the software. It is very important to us that you are getting the best answers possible, and we are excited to provide that through our email support and Open Zoom meetings.

I hope you have a great rest of your day!  

Autum

Chat would be super helpful, and you can send videos thru chat, other software companies have this feature....

Hi Courtney, 

Thank you for the suggestion! We are very intentional about how we offer support, and we are confident that an email model is the best way to answer questions for our software. Understanding our clients' use cases greatly influence how we respond to our clients, and many of our answers will not be able to be fleshed out in a chat-box platform. If an expert on the software (our Support agents) determine that to answer a question they should provide a video response, a chat box would not have the ability to answer a question in a few sentences! 

We also want to make sure that we are providing resources that you can view and save. In a chat box platform, conversations would not be saved, and you could find yourself returning to the chat box multiple times to find the same resource. We hope that with email you can return to the conversation and find the resources when you need them! This is why we like to provide a lot of resources (custom videos, articles, written instructions). You are always welcome to ask for one form of resources over another, so if you do not like videos, just tell us in the ticket! We can always write out our responses instead of making a video. We are dedicated to supporting how all folks learn.

I hope this has explained why we have opted to having email be our primary form of communication. Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a great Friday and weekend! 

Best,

Autum

Login or Signup to post a comment