Next Steps Field On Opportunities

Hello Product Suggestions Community,

I would love to see a *MANDATORY* "next steps" field in opportunity creation that lets volunteers know what the next step should be. There is so much variation in how programs follow up with volunteers (including no follow up with the expectation that volunteers show up when they are scheduled), and I think the volunteer experience could be improved with an additional field to provide the volunteer with appropriate next steps after they sign up.

It would also be great if the information in this field could be included in the response confirmation email to them. This would be particularly helpful to connect site managers who work with lots of partners (like us).

Thank you!

2 people like this idea

1 Comment

Hi Nick, 

Thank you for adding your suggestion to the forum! From my understanding, you would like an extra field when creating opportunities that lists the mandatory next steps after a volunteer responds. This field would then show up as a template key in the automated notification that goes to volunteers once they respond to the opportunity (the Need Response Thank You notification). 

I will make a note of that for our developers to consider! 

Thank you, 

Autum 

Login or Signup to post a comment