Amazon Wishlist Button for In-Kind Needs

Many of our nonprofit partners are moving to utilizing Amazon wishlists to get the in-kind item donations they need and our corporate partners are more frequently asking for access to Amazon wishlists.

It would be cool if there were a different way of posting donation needs vs. just posting them as a regular volunteer opportunity. I have attached an example of a local volunteer website that allows users quick access to an organization's wishlist.

Hi Kristen! 

Thank you for posting to our product suggestion forum!

Before diving into the details of the product suggestion, may I ask, are you familiar with how you can set up donations on your current site with us? I just want to make sure that we've shared with you that you can also add a Donate button right on your site!

You may know this already, and if you do, please excuse me, but just in case you don't, I wanted to share!

How Donations Work On Your Platform

Your site's visitors are given several opportunities to donate to your organization through your Connect platform. Not only is there a Donate button available in the utility bar (we call this a passive request), but users will also be asked if they wish to donate after performing certain actions on the site (we call these active requests).

Passive Requests

If you have set up your system to accept donations, your users' dashboards will include a Donate button in the utility bar.

If this button is clicked, the user will get an overlay with fields for entering their contact and credit card information.

Active Requests

After responding to a need, a volunteer is shown an overlay thanking them for volunteering, giving them the opportunity to share their need response on social media, and inviting them to donate to your organization. An example from a United Way organization is shown below.

Is this something you would that you would like to set up on your site? If so, I can definitely help you set that up! Or would you prefer to simply move on to creating our product suggestion together for our review team? Or would you like to do both?

Thanks, Kristen

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply! I'm actually looking for something separate. We aren't collecting monetary donations, but rather, actual items, such as shampoo, conditioner, diapers, school supplies, etc. We have many agency partners that post their in-kind needs (not monetary needs) and we thought it would be easier to have some sort of opportunity built out just for that.

Thanks,

Kristen

Hi Kristen! 

Thanks for your reply and for your thoughtful feedback. That makes sense the way you describe it, that you're collecting actual items, such as shampoo, conditioner, diapers, school supplies, etc. I definitely see where you're coming from.

Here's the product suggestion that I'm drafting up to add to our product suggestion board:

Product Suggestion:

"The ability for agency/program managers to add an Amazon Wishlist to their agency/program."

Product Suggestion Details:

"Amazon has created a simple way for nonprofits to ask for specific in-kind donations through their wish lists. Organizations can compile products that they need to support their programming and services in one easy list. It is shareable, it is easy to add and delete products as needed, and it makes it possible for supporters anywhere in the world to get involved with your mission." - Amazon.com

Let me know if I am missing the mark or if you think I need to add anything to this. 

Thanks, Kristen!

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much! Yes, that is what we're looking for. I appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Kristen

Login or Signup to post a comment