Remove the Field Names in needs and programs

Hello, 

We have been noticing that the field names don't always serve us, for example the "description" on the opportunity page.

Or even in the programs, the "who we are" and "what we do" don't necessarily make sense for the language we want to use. 

We would like to change the descriptive fields so that they are not all required, and so that the field names do not show on the site. It's not a huge deal, but it gets in the way of true customization.

Thanks for your consideration!

1 person likes this idea

Hi Holly! 

Some good news and some normal enhancement news. Who We Are, and What We Do, are Language Overrides. Description is not though so I will add the following requests to the enhancement board: 

• Create a language override option for "Description"
  • Add the ability to choose which fields are shown when creating a need/opportunity

Will that cover it? Don't forget to email us at support@galaxydigital.com to let us know what you'd like to replace Who we are, and What we do with! 

Warmly,

Ali 

Ali, this sounds great!  The only thing I would add is that we would like the option to exclude the field name altogether. It just seems like visual clutter in many cases, and with all the formatting options, we have the ability to add any section headings on our own if we so choose. thanks!

Hi Holly,

I hope you're having a great day today!

That makes sense the way you describe it, that you would simply like to have the option to completely exclude the field names altogether. Just to make sure that we're on the same page, in terms of the product suggestion, could you detail the fields that you're referring to? When you say that you would like to simply exclude the field names altogether, are you referring to the Description, Who We Are, and What We Do fields? Or are you referring to all fields on the site?

Thank you, Holly, I look forward to working with you as we write a product suggestion together!

Hi Steve, thanks so much for clarifying! I am referring to the ability to exclude the field names of the long-text fields, such as "Description" "Who we are" and "What we do." 

Below is another example on one of our programs: We are already using section headings and the extra "Who we are" and "What we do" headings just look a bit cluttered. 

Hi Holly,

Thanks for the feedback, and thank you so much for clarifying that particular aspect of your product suggestion!

Here's my product suggestion that I will write up on your behalf if you believe it adequately expresses your suggestion:

Product Suggestion:

Provide site managers with the ability to remove the following field names from their site: 

1. Description

2. Who We Are

3. What we do

Thanks, Holly, let me know what you think!

Login or Signup to post a comment