Team Lead not attending

Hi all,

It would be helpful to have the ability for Team Leaders to have the option  to not attend. Sometimes a company has an admin taking care of all the logistics of their visit, but that person won't actually be volunteering. We would like that person to be able to manage the Team but not take up a space in the shift. Would this be possible?

Thanks,

Cody

3 people like this idea

Hi Cody,

Thanks for sharing your idea in our forum! At this time, only the Team Creator can create a team, but exclude themselves from the response. Based on your feedback, I'd like to add the following request to our enhancement board:

• AllowTeam Leaders to create and/or manage a team without being included in the Team Response, so that team leaders don't take up a slot on the opportunity if they are not planning on volunteering.

Does this capture your request? Let me know if I've got it and I will get this added!

All the best,

Caitlin

That's perfect, thanks!

Hi all,

An addition related to this ask:

Today a Team of 20 did not show up. We had a phone number for the Team Creator but not the Team Leader. The Team Creator was not signed up to attend so did not receive any confirmation emails and wasn't sure she had a sign up. I believe the Team Creator needs to receive some of the info (or we should have the option to include them on notifications). 

Our staff in the field are struggling to get through the day now because of this shortage. 

Thanks for considering.

Cody

1 person likes this

Hi Cody, 

Good morning! To make sure I am understanding, you would like the Team Creator to be included on all notifications that go to Team members, even if the Team Creator is not one of the Team members who are signed up to volunteer for that particular opportunity/shift. Does that sound right or am I missing something? 

Thank you!

Autum

Hi Autum,

Yes, that's the idea. 

With a little more time since this happened I am of two minds. On the one hand, it's awful for a Team to no-show because they forgot/didn't know they had a reservation, because the Team Creator didn't receive an email confirmation. 

On the other, our staff are the Team Creators for many Teams and that would mean lots of emails to us. 

I think it would be helpful for the development team to think this over though, and possibly implement. 

Thanks,

Cody

Hi Cody, 

Thank you for confirming! I will put this suggestion to our Development Team to consider. 

I hope you have a great rest of your day!

Autum Brown, Education Manager

Login or Signup to post a comment