Data Manager Profile

Hi all,

In addition to the Site Manager and Program Manager designations, I would find it extremely helpful to have a Data Manager. 

This person would be able to see all the same opportunity/volunteer info as a Site Manager but not edit any fields or change any Site Settings. They could pull reports, view users, and generally see data without the risk or ability to make any changes to reservations or anything like that. 

We have a number of people in our org who work with data but we don't want them being able to make any changes. Some Major Gift officers want to know about their portfolio of individuals and be able to look up their history. Others are looking at attendance data and comparing volunteer numbers to the needed work. We don't want to make them Site Managers and be able to access everything, but also we'd like them to be able to find data without making them go through us to get it. 

Would a level of access like this be possible - can we have a Data Manager level?

Thanks,

Cody

Hi Cody, I hope you're having a great November! 

Is the idea here to allow some users to have read-only access to all of the site manager reports, without giving them access to most features? If you are trying to give these users access to the system's canned reports, I think a new permission level may help you here. If access to your site's raw data is what they need, you can always give them access to your site's API key, which will allow them to do things like pull a list of users, view hours and responses, and a number of other things. Here is a link to our current API documentation:

https://api2.galaxydigital.com/volunteer/docs/

We are also working on some updates to the API in the not too distant future, so even if it doesn't get them everything they need at present, it's worth checking back later as well! 

If you'd like more detailed instructions on how to get and share yur API key, please send in a ticket to support, and we will help you do so.

I will make sure ot log your request for an alternate user type, and bring it up to the team as an enhancement request as well. 

Have a great day!

Hi Eli,

Thanks for this. 

Yes to this -> Is the idea here to allow some users to have read-only access to all of the site manager reports, without giving them access to most features? If you are trying to give these users access to the system's canned reports, I think a new permission level may help you here.

It would also be helpful for them to be able to view upcoming schedules, etc. But maybe this can be accessed through the reports. 

I'll check in with some of my team here about the API, but I think that's going to be too complicated for most people.

Thanks,

Cody

Got it, thanks for clarifying! I will make sure to log this enhancement request and bring it to the team in our next meeting for review. 

Thanks as always for sharing your thoughts! 

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment