Email Reminder Notification Options

Wondering if it would be possible to build new reminder notification options. Right now, if we want to send automatic reminders to our one-time volunteers, all our on-going volunteers also have to receive the reminder emails--there isn't a way to make a distinction between on-going and one-time volunteers. It would be great if we could have the option to set up automatic emails for one-time volunteers. 

We get a lot of complaints from on-going volunteers, and they also told us they start to ignore all the emails they receive from the site. But, they don't want to turn off their notifications completely, just in case. 

Thank you!

4 people like this idea

Hi Beatrice, 

Thank you for reaching out and adding this suggestion. I will make sure to make note of your suggestion to create a custom automated notification.

While I had you here, I would love to hear more about your use case! It sounds like your volunteers are divided into two groups: ongoing and one-time. Right now, whenever a volunteer responds to a Need, they will receive the same thank you and reminder automated Notifications. Can you tell me a little more about the type of notifications that ongoing volunteers need vs the type of notification that one-time volunteers need? 

I also wanted to clarify - are you using Notifications or Email Blast? 

I will make note of your suggestion to have the ability to created customized notifications! Thank you for reading and I hope you are having a great day, 

Autum

Hi Autumn-

We like this idea, and have a similar use-case: We don't want our Court-Compelled volunteers to receive the same notification email as our other Volunteers. We would like to specify recipients by User Group of email notification templates, especially the Need Response Thank You. (https://galaxydigital.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/36000041102-need-related-messages-to-volunteers#need_resp_ty

Thanks!

1 person likes this

Hi Christopher, 

Thank you for adding your voice to this suggestion! I will make a note of your support on the developer's enhancement board. I appreciate your explanation! 

Thank you and have a great day!

Autum Brown, Education Manager

Seconding what the other have said: volunteers who come every week don't want notifications that they signed up for or completed a need, but episodic volunteers do. If users could select what type of notifications they receive (for example, confirmation of sign up, recruiting emails, disaster related emails, etc) that would allow users to receive what they want rather than turning off all notifications.

I would also love to see what Autumn suggested. Our volunteers make great use of the check-in emails, but I would rather court-ordered volunteers not be able to receive these emails. 

Hi Dottie and Miranda, 

Thank you both for adding your support of this suggestion! I will note that both of you would like a way to designate which group of volunteers get what type of emails for our development team to see. Dottie, it also sounds like you would want volunteers to have the ability to opt out of certain types of notifications as well. 

Thank you and have a great day!

This would be fabulous for volunteer centers as well!!

To add to this: I would also like to be able to send different notifications for different opportunities. If there is a way to do this that I am missing, please let me know!

Hi Brooke and Miranda, 

Thank you for adding your support to this suggestion! 

Miranda, notifications are customized to each opportunity using the template keys. For example, the template key called {{need_ title}} will populate whatever the name of the opportunity is that the user responded to. However, there isn't a way to create completely unique notifications depending on the opportunity. For that, we recommend using the Email Blast tool! I will be happy to add your addition to our enhancement board as well. 

Have a great rest of your day!

Hi Autumn, it would be great if you could add that to your enhancement board. Email blasts aren't quite what I am looking for here, as that requires active email creation on my part. Automated email notifications would be best. Thank you. 

Hi Miranda, 

It has been added! Thank you for your suggestion and I hope you're having a great start to your week!

1 person likes this

Hi Autumn-

We found another use case for customizing who receives notifications.

Currently, when a team leader adds a volunteer to their team directly, if that volunteer is new to the system, they will receive two notification emails:

• Volunteer Team Created (which includes a unique-to-user password reset link as a template key)
  • Users: Welcome to the Team (which does not)
We have found that new volunteers who were added directly by their Team Leader are opening the Users: Welcome to the Team notification and then don't know what to do to sign in. We have customized the notification to include a link to user/passwordRecover/, but then the volunteer still has to enter their email address, click submit, go back to their email inbox, find the "Lost Password Reset" email, and then set their password.

For us, a better solution would be to not send the Users: Welcome to the Team notification to new volunteers, since they are already receiving Volunteer Team Created notification, which does have a more user-friendly process: Click the password reset link and set your password.

Implementing this suggestion would require the system to identify new users who have been added by a Team Leader, and a customization option to exclude any such users from the Users: Welcome to the Team notification.

Thank you!

1 person likes this

100% Agree!

Following up on my comment above - it turns out that only a specific set of new users were receiving the Users: Welcome to the Team email due to a system bug: users added when a previously assigned slot is reapplied to a new user.

Galaxy Digital fixed the bug by adding a notification rule that prevents a second notification email from being queued when a previously assigned slot is reapplied to a new user account.

This resolves the presenting issue without the need for customization.

Login or Signup to post a comment