CauseConnect Volunteer Check-in

Hello all!

The new app design looks great! I am not sure if I missed what I am about to ask. Is there a way to limit when/were volunteers check in on the app? For example, I do not want a volunteer checking into their scheduled time when they are not even there. Is there a way to limit the check in radius to like half a mile radius from the address? Also is there a way for us to allow check-ins starting 15 minutes (or however long) prior to their scheduled start time. 

Also y'all should really make an app for site managers so we can manager our sites from an app rather than a web browser. 

Also, I am not sure if I missed this. But I tested the app process. Signing up, checking in, etc. and it does not look like there is a way for a volunteer to sign a waiver on the app if they either sign up for through the app or need to sign one for a various reason. 

Hi Brandon, thanks for writing into the suggestion forum! 

There are a few different requests in your post, so I'll go one at a time:

1. The ability to limit when volunteers can check into an opportunity so that they can't check in early or are not on-site. This finctionality doesn't currently exist, but I have added it to our list of enhancement requests and will make sure to review it with the team in our next enhancement meeting! 

2. A mobile app for site managers. Our main goal with the mobile app was to make it as easy as possible for volunteers to view their shcedules, respond to opportunities, and log their hours so that our clients sites can be accessible to even more volunteers! Howeverm the site manager perspective in the app has much more functionality and complexity than the volunteer view, and we don't have plans to release a second version of the app with site manager capabilities at this time. That being said, I can see how this could be useful, and we are always paying attention to feedback like this when scoping future projects and releases! 

3. The ability to interact with waivers and qualifications from within the app. This is something that is on our list for things we'd like to add to the next version of the app! I will make sure to add your support for this feature when reviewing this idea with the team! 

We really appreciate your feedback, and I hope you have a great day! 

Brandon ~ Have you found a work around with the app not able to provide the waivers for volunteers to sign at check-in?

Jennifer, we just have not advertised the app to volunteers. 

Hi all, thanks for following up here in the forum! There currently is not a way to allow people to fill out waivers or other qualifications from the mobile app, but this is definitely a request we've heard a number of times. I will make sure to add your input to that list, and will make sure to bring it up to the team in our next product enhancement review. Thanks as always for your feedback! 

Login or Signup to post a comment