Cause Connect - Push Notifications

Currently, there isn't a way to view past push notifications from within the mobile app. But I sure wish there was. My experience today went like this....

I saw the push notification icon on my phone. 

I opened my phone and immediately tapped the notification without reading it.

This immediately opened the app and I wasn't able to go back see the full notification message.

Hi Brooke,

Thanks for reaching out about the CauseConnect app, I appreciate you sharing the suggestion around viewing past notifications with us! The app currently supports volunteers in searching and signing up for a shift, checking in and out, and adding hours. Push notification messages can be enabled on a user’s device to send reminders and when a push notification is tapped the app will open for the user to take action, but it makes sense that a volunteer may want to refer back to the notification.

I’ll add your suggestion about the ability to review push notifications from within the app. Just to confirm I have covered all our bases, do you imagine this appearing similar to the inbox when accessing your volunteer profile through the browser? 

Thank you!

Beth

1 person likes this

Yes, that would be ideal! Perhaps a section of the inbox could be dedicated exclusively to push notifications.

Hi Brooke,

Thanks for providing that additional information! You are looking for push notification messages to appear in the user's Inbox (or applicable area) in addition to being reviewable from within the mobile app. I'll make sure that this is captured in the notes I put together for our team to review at our next Enhancements meeting.

Have a great day!

Beth

Login or Signup to post a comment