Have Check-In Kiosk Include a Pulldown of User Groups

Could volunteers be given the option to self-identify as part of a user group, or "other" during the check-in process?

We often have large teams that are all from one company, but the volunteers use a variety of domain names, many of which are personal. We also have some volunteers who volunteer on behalf of their company and on behalf of their club another day. So, attributing those hours to user groups would have to be done manually by us and we just don't have the time.

Having volunteers self identify seems like it could work as long as we continue to add user groups from the back end before they show up to volunteer.

At the end of the year we use user group data to report how many volunteers and collective hours individual companies (user groups) have volunteered, and right now our data is lacking because so many employees from the companies use their personal emails to register. 

3 people like this idea

1 Comment

Hello Amber, and thanks for writing in to the product suggestion forum! 

I have some suggestions here!

Hello Amber, and thanks for writing in to the product suggestion forum! 

When a volunteer checks into the kiosk, they will be given a chance to log the user group that they want to associate their hours with, provided that the User Group setting is turned on in the Manager > Settings > Hours menu:

If this setting is enabled, the volunteer will see a dropdown that contains all user groups that they are currently a member of, and can associate one or more of them with their hours in the kiosk. 

This means that the workflow that you're describing should be possible, as long as the user group exists and the volunteer is a member before they check into the kiosk. For a volunteer to belong to a user group, you can either add them from the Site manager area, or send them the user group join link so that they can join on their own. 

I want to make sure that I'm not missing any feature requests here, is there anything that you're trying to do here that this doesn't cover? 

Thanks!

Login or Signup to post a comment