Add New Shifts Button Disappeared

I have an ongoing opportunity that I need to add shifts to, but the "Add Shifts" button in the opportunity has disappeared. I was able to add new shifts to it last month, but cannot this month. Why would this button ever disappear? Can this be changed?

1 Comment

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for reaching out with your question and I’ll be happy to assist you! The ability to add or edit shifts is impacted by the duration type set for the opportunity. Ongoing opportunities do not have an option for adding shifts, as it is designed for volunteer tasks or roles with flexible timing and no end date. When you select ongoing, you will not have the option of specifying shifts or the number of volunteers needed.

Opportunities set up with ‘custom shift’ or ‘recurring shiftduration will allow you to add or edit shifts, this is a great article to help provide additional information. To change the duration of the ongoing opportunity to ‘custom shift’ or ‘recurring shift’ you will need to make a new opportunity using 'custom' or 'recurring' shifts or you can clone your existing ongoing opportunity and set it up with one of the shift durations.

I also want to make sure you have resources to assist you with questions going forward! As a site manager, you have access to our Customer Experience team and can reach out to us at support@galaxydigital.com to submit a ticket with any questions, requests for assistance and clarity, or check-in with us to see if there is a feature or tool to help you manage your Get Connected site.

If what you are looking for does not currently exist, we’ll re-direct you to the Product Suggestions Forum to share your thoughts for a new feature. Once a suggestion is posted, it is logged for discussion by our development team. In addition, other site managers will be able to see it, vote for it, and leave comments, which can help strengthen the argument for your suggestion. You can learn more about our enhancements process in our article, "About Enhancements." To learn more about how to post an effective suggestion, check out this handy guide in our Help Center.

Please don’t hesitate to email us with any additional questions, we’ll be happy to help!

Thank you!

Beth

Login or Signup to post a comment