Site Manager ability to overbook a shift's capacity with a Team

The pop-up message alerting a Site Manager that you are about to overbook a shift when adding individual Users is a good feature. It reminds the SM that the shift will be above the original cap that they set but still gives them the ability to control the shifts at THEIR ORGANIZATION.

This feature should be carried over to when the SM attempts to book a Team size that may overbook a shift. For example: if there are 14 spaces open for the shift I am booking a Team of 15 to, why can't I do that without having to increase the size of the cap? It's MY shift at MY organization

The work around at SM needs to do to make this happen is not an effective use of time and runs the risk that a User on the public side or another SM can reserve those spots for another purpose before I can get to them.

The issue is that It takes MORE administrative time to do the following:

- Jump out of the scheduling section when attempting to book a team with more spots that what is available 

- Then go to the shift area to increase the cap size – to accommodate the team I’m talking to 

- Then go back to the scheduling section to now add the team with the number of spots I wanted in the first place 

- And in the time in took me to do that, another volunteer on the public side or one of my team mates, could have grabbed the extra spots I just increased. 

Please help save our Volunteer Team time to assist other volunteers!

1 Comment

Hi Shannon, 

Thanks for writing in! I appreciate the amound of thought and detail in your post. I think this is a great idea, and will make sure to bring it to the team in our next enhancement discussion. 

I appreciate your feedback! 

Login or Signup to post a comment