As an agency manager, you have the option of setting up a "kiosk" at any volunteer site to make it easy for volunteers to check in and out of the volunteer opportunity. Your Connect site's Kiosk feature can be used for any need on your site, as long as the need is associated with a set number of hours. (To assign hours to a need, complete the Hours or Shift Hours field on the need form, as applicable.)
Note: Other check-in options are available. If you want to check off your volunteers as they arrive and leave, see our article on the Agency List Tool. To see how volunteers can check in and out on their phones, see Volunteer Self Check-in.
Accessing the Kiosk
You can only access the Kiosk if you are logged in as an agency or site manager, but you will have to log out to launch the Kiosk for your volunteers. This step helps ensure that volunteers cannot access your manager tools when checking in on your agency's device.
To launch the Kiosk:
- Log in to your Connect site and click My Agency to access your agency management area. (If you manage multiple agencies, select the applicable one.)
- From your agency management area, click Check-in to view the list of needs available for check-in.
Note: Depending on your site's settings you may see just the needs for your agency or program, or you may see needs from all agencies or programs on your site.
- Click the Check-in Kiosk button on the right-hand side of your screen.
- Click Continue to log out and launch the Kiosk. It is now ready for volunteer use. For more information on the volunteer's experience of the Kiosk, see the article Checking In with the Kiosk.
Click here to view a short video on launching the Kiosk from your agency/program management area.
Viewing Check-in Data
When volunteers check in and out, their volunteer hours are automatically attributed to them. If a volunteer forgets to check out, your Connect platform will still give them the scheduled hours. For example, if a volunteer checked in to a two-hour shift but forgot to check out, the two hours will show up in their hours and on their volunteer résumés. As an agency manager, you can approve or deny hours as needed.
Go to the Stats section of your agency management area to view approved hours.
Note that the Check-in and Check-out columns provide the check-in and check-out (if available) times. For more detailed information, you can click Export Hours. This action generates a .csv spreadsheet that includes a Source column. This column provides the following information:
- How the hours were submitted (Kiosk, manual entry, etc.)
- Who submitted the hours (user, team member, agency manager, etc.)
- Who approved the hours
In addition, the spreadsheet includes other valuable hours data, such as associated user groups, team information, and answers to custom questions.