When volunteers first visit your new Community Connect platform, you want them to be wowed by how professional and inviting the experience is! Here is a list with links to help you make your Connect platform's home page a thing of beauty from the very start!
- Brand your site by developing and uploading your site's banners and logos.
- Select your site's primary and secondary colors.
- Decide what image (a map or other image) will go directly below the main banner. (This primarily applies to the logged-out view of the home page.)
- Create eye-catching spotlights that point users to important areas of your platform, such as your calendar, an initiative, or needs posted by a particular agency.
- Upload images for your "Our Community" area. These can include photos of volunteers, flyers for upcoming events, and graphically rendered words of motivation. Remember that you can link images to other web pages!
- Link your platform to your other pages: your main website, as well as your social media pages.
- Create a Volunteer Impact Page (VIP) to show your organization's impact from the get-go. Not ready for prime-time? Disable the VIP button until your page is ready to go!
See the attached PDF for a quick-start checklist covering the above items.