Once Galaxy Digital has imported your file of users to your site, those new user accounts are given a status of "Imported." When you are ready for your site to go "live," one of your most important steps is to activate those user accounts. When you activate user accounts:
- The user statuses are changed from "Imported" to "Active."
- A notification is sent to all newly activated users, letting them know they have an account and providing a temporary password so they can log in.
Until a user has an active account, they cannot log in to your site, respond to needs, or log hours.
To activate imported users:
- From your Manager Panel, go to Volunteerism > Users. A list of users is displayed.
- Click on User Filter to open the user filter, and then run a filter on User Data > User Status > is > imported.
- Click Submit to view only those users with a imported status.
- From the Select an Action dropdown, select Activate Imported Users.
- Click the Activate Imported Users button to confirm your selection. Two actions are triggered at this point:
- The users' accounts are activated.
- Each user receives an email that (1) welcomes them to your site and (2) provides a temporary password so that they can log into the site.
Note: The template for this message is titled "User Imported Message". Click here to learn how to edit the text of this and other notification templates.