You can use Get Connected's "Clone Need" feature to post multiple needs that are very similar. This feature is particularly useful when:
- You have different needs occurring at the same location
- You have the same need occurring at different locations (such as a Reading Buddies event occurring at different library branches)
- You want to post a more current version of an expired or inactive need
Note: In the past, the "Clone Need" feature was recommend for posting shift needs. With Opportunity Scheduling for shifts, however, this is no longer necessary for needs outside of Advanced Events. Click here to learn more about posting custom and recurring shift needs with Opportunity Scheduling. Note that Opportunity Scheduling is available for standard needs only, and not for needs within the Advanced Events modules.
The instructions below explain how to clone an existing need, in the following steps:
To create a need:
- Go to your agency manager view and click the Needs tab.
Click Add New Need on the right-hand side of the screen to open the Add Need form.
- In the title of your need, indicate how the need is unique. (For example, if you'll be creating multiple "Reading Buddies" needs for different library branches, you might title the first need, "Reading Buddies - Downtown Branch."
- Enter a need description.
Tip: Since you will be cloning the need, make sure the description is generic enough that you don't have to change it each time you clone the need.
- Fill in the other fields as needed, including the Duration, Need Date, Capacity (if applicable), and Hours fields.
- Click Create Need to save the need.
Note: Click here to learn more about the specific fields in the Add Need form.
Once you've created the base need, you can clone it as many times as necessary, once for each shift you wish to post.
To clone a need:
- On the Edit Need page for the need you wish to clone, click Clone Need (located at the bottom of the screen), and then click Yes to confirm.
Your site will display the cloned need, which will be identical to the base need, with one difference: The title will include the word "copy" in parentheses.
- Update the title by (1) removing the word "copy" and (2) indicating how the need is unique. Going with the above example, you might title this one, "Reading Buddies - Uptown Branch."
- Update the Description and any other fields as needed.
- Click Update Need to save the cloned need.
To clone another need, simply click Clone Need again and repeat the process described above.