This article is for volunteers who are signing up for a Connect site and have been asked to upload a file to show that they are qualified for certain needs.
Some Connect platforms may require that you upload a file to prove that you're qualified for certain volunteer opportunities offered on their site. Qualifications files can be uploaded in two areas:
- During the registration process, if a "Qualifications" step is included
- From the Qualifications area of your user profile
Qualifications files can be replaced at any time.
Uploading Files During Sign-Up
When registering for a Connect site, you may be asked to upload a file as part of your registration. Files may be required to show that you meet certain needed qualifications in order to view or respond to certain needs. In this example, a new volunteer has the option to upload an image of their Commercial Driver's License.
To upload a file from the sign-up page:
- Click Upload File.
- Browse to the file and double-click it (or select it and click Open). The text on the Upload File button is replaced with the name of your file.
3. After answering any other qualifications questions that apply, click Finish Sign Up.
Your upload has been saved to the Connect site.
To view or replace your upload you can go to the Qualifications area of your profile.
Uploading A File To Your User Profile
If you already have a Connect account site and want to upload required files in order to qualify for certain needs, you can do so by going to the Qualifications area of your profile.
1. In the top right-hand corner of your profile, click the profile dropdown.
2. Click Qualifications. You'll be taken to the qualifications-management area of your profile.
3. You will see a list of Incomplete and Complete Qualifications. If any qualifications require that you send a file, you'll see an Upload File button.
4. Click Upload File.
5. Browse to the file and double-click it (or select it and click Open). The text on the Upload File button is replaced with the name of your file.
6. Click Submit Qualifications.
Your qualification will show up as having a pending status in the displayed table.
Once a site manager has approved the qualification, it will show up as active. You can view your uploaded file at any time by clicking the File Link button.
Replacing Uploaded Content
You can replace an uploaded document at any time by going back to the Edit Qualifications area of your profile. Once you've replaced an approved file, your qualification will go back into pending status and must be approved by a site manager.