This article is for agency managers using Get Connected 2.0. Because Get Connected 2.0 adminstrators can choose the primary and secondary colors for their site, the buttons and link colors in the screenshots shown here may look different from the ones on your screen.
Posting events is an effective way to engage the whole community—not just the volunteers—in your realizing your agency’s vision.
This article covers the following topics:
It also includes information on and RSVPs and event capacity.
Note: It's important not to confuse a Get Connected event with a Get Connected need. When you post an event, you're letting the community know that they're invited to attend as members of the community--not necessarily as volunteers. When you post a need, you're communicating that you are offering volunteer-type opportunities.
To add or edit an event:
- Log into Get Connected and click Manage Agency at the top of your screen.
You're taken to your agency management area.
Note: If you manage more than one agency, you'll need to select the correct one from a dropdown.
- Click the gray Events link.
- Open the event to edit.
- To open an existing event, select the event from the list provided..
- To add a new event, click Add New Event.
- Complete the fields (listed below) on the event form.
- Click Submit to save your work.
|Title||The title for the event.|
|Enable RSVPs?||Toggle ON to require RSVPs from those signing up for the event through Get Connected. (See Event RSVPs and Event Capacity for more information.)|
|RSVP Capacity||If RSVPs are enabled, you may enter the maximum capacity for the event. Otherwise, keep it at zero. (See Event RSVPs and Event Capacity for more information.)|
Note: This field is not visible unless you have selected the RSVP option.
|Description||Enter a description of the event.|
Note: You can download an image of the event flyer into this box.
|All Day Event||Toggle ON to indicate an all-day event.|
Note: For an all-day event, you are required to enter a start time but not an end time.
|Start and End Date/Time||Select the date from the calendar, and use the slider to select the event's start and end times.|
Note: The date/time you enter should refer to the date and time of the event, not the date and time you want it to be publicized on Get Connected.
|Event Contact||Enter the contact person’s name.|
|Contact Email||Enter the contact person’s email address.|
|Contact Phone||Enter the contact person's phone number.|
|Event Location||Type the name of the place where the event will be held.|
|Address, State, Zip Code||Enter the full address of the event location.|
Get Connected’s RSVP feature allows a user to respond easily to an event. If a user indicates that they will attend, two email notifications are sent out:
- An email to the user, confirming the event information
- An email to the agency manager, informing them of the RSVP
When you opt to enable RSVPs, the Event Capacity text box appears.
While this box is good to use for events that have a limited capacity, it’s a good idea to use it for other events as well. If capacity is unlimited, enter 0 (zero) or leave the field blank.
When the RSVP capacity has already been met and someone tries to sign up for your event, they will get a message that the event is full. Their RSVP will be changed to “Maybe,” and an email will be sent to the agency manager, informing them of the individual’s interest in the event.
The Clone Event feature is useful when an agency is hosting multiple instances of an event (such as a once-a-month workshop) or the same event at multiple places (such as a read-to-kids effort at various library branches). Cloning an event in order to create a new one involves the following steps:
- Open the event you want to clone.
- Scroll to the bottom of the event information form and click the Clone Event button. Get Connected creates a copy of the event; this is indicated in the event title, which includes the word "Copy" in parentheses.
- Update the title and any other information as needed to reflect the event. (For example, for a monthly workshop, you might change the word "Copy" to "February"; for the read-to-kids effort, you might add "Uptown Branch".)
- Click Create Event to save your changes.
Important: When offering the same (or a similar) event multiple times, always opt to use the cloning feature to create a brand-new event (rather than simply updating the old information). Merely updating an event does not cancel the RSVPs from the original event--which can result in the new event "filling up" when it isn't really full. Cloning also allows you to create a new event ID for your records.
Events are deleted from an agency’s list of active events—not from the program altogether. You can reactivate and update a deleted event at any time.
To delete an event from your agency’s list of active events:
- Under the gray Events tab, select the event to be deleted.
- Click Delete, located in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Click OK to confirm the deletion.