The Text Editor is easily recognizable as a light-gray box with various icons across the top of it. It's also known as the WYSIWYG ("What You See Is What You Get") Editor.
The Text Editor shows up in various places in your Connect software, including email message boxes and the need-description box.
In this article, you'll learn about:
- Text Editor Buttons
- Pasting Text from Word
- Pasting as Plain Text
- Working with Hyperlinks
- Adding Images Using the Text Editor
Button icons indicate how you can change the appearance of your text, add images, and more.
|Undo and redo|
|Cut, copy, and paste|
|Open HTML source editor|
|Set off a paragraph to the right, or back to the the left.|
|Alignment: Left, Center, Right, or Full|
|Bullets or numbers (for lists)|
|Horizontal line reaching from left to right margin.|
|Upload or edit an image. See Adding Images Using the Text Editor for more information.|
|Select a format for an entire paragraph. Click the dropdown arrow to see your options.|
|Text effects: Bold, Italics, Underline, or |
|Font color and background|
|Hyperlink. See Working with Hyperlinks for more information.|
Linking Text to Another Page
Use the Insert/Edit Link button to links text to another web page. To link text:
- In the Text Editor, select the text to be linked. This action activates the Insert/EditLink buttons.
- Click the Insert/Edit Link button to open the dialog box for adding a link.
Type or paste the Url of the link. The Text to display will be auto-populated with your selected text. The Title will appear when someone hovers their cursor over the link. Select New Window as the target if you want the link to open in a new browser window.
- Click Ok. Your selected text will now be shown as a link.
Removing a Link
To remove a hyperlink, select the linked text, and then click the Remove Hyperlink icon:
To add an image into the Text Editor:
- With the text box, click the place where you want to add the image, and click the Image button.
The Insert/edit image dialog box is displayed:
- Click the Search icon (circled above) to open the Moxie Manager, which is the application that stores your site's images.
Note: If the image is already located in your image manager, select it and go to Step 8 below.
- Click Upload to open the Upload dialog box.
- Click Add Files.
- After browsing to the desired image file, select it and click Open.
- Click Upload and wait for your image to load. (This typically takes one or two seconds.)
- Click Close. Your image is now included in the Moxie Manager box.
- Select the image. You'll be returned to the Insert/edit image popup again, and the Source field will now point to your image.
- Complete the Image Description field. This text shows up when someone hovers their cursor over your published image.
- Adjust the Dimensions as necessary. If making an image larger or smaller, click Constrain Dimension before entering new numbers. This will help ensure that images aren't distorted when published.
- Click OK.
The image has now been uploaded into your Text Editor.
To change the size of an image, click on it and drag the handles to make the image larger or smaller:
You can also resize an image by clicking on it, re-opening the Insert/edit image area, and typing in new dimensions.